Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Formated my PC, but having trouble with DVDFAB

G'morning,
    My PC crashed lately, and I had it formated. Luckily, my data was spared, which was put on my 1T External Drive. I d/l my DVDFAB version 8, from this drive, and it d/ld fine, except for one thing....to activate it with my original registration key that I got when I first bought this program a year ago this last month will not take me to the correct date of when it expires. It should have been march 2012, and instead it takes it only to May, 2011. I need someones help in trying to get my old information back so I can use my DVDFAB with my old registration key, and not have to pay for something in May, that I've already paid for a year ago March, 2010, and should be able to use for another year, yet. How do I go about getting this right? Please help, as I'm just a little frustrated and nervous that I've lost my DVDFAB info.
    Thank you so much for your help!!
    Crickkette

It sounds like your old regkey was dragged over from your ext hdd.
    A better practice is to simply download a fresh, new Fab installer, utilize the Member site (on DVDFab.com) and also download your most up-to-date regkey.

First off, try downloading your regkey from the Member's site and activate with this one. This shouild take care of it.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Still needing help

Thank you Maineman for your suggestions, but I still need help. You see whenever I do to the user center to get my old key back, I have to use my older email address which was a msn.com account, and I no longer have access to that email information, because I now use q.com. Since all the information is being sent to my old email address @ msn.com, I am not able to get that email information that DVDFab sent there, so I'm still back to square one. I d/l the newest version of DVDFab from the Download site here, but I entered my old registration key, to get it registered and it still only shows that it's a trail version, and will end in May. Is there anything else I can do? I have changed my email here on DVDFab website under my profile, and none the less, the login, and registration for the user center still requires me to use my original email address when I first bought this program. What am I to do??? Any other ideas?? I sure hope to fix this problem, as I don't want to pay for the use of this program in May, after this so called triail period is up. Like I said before, I still have a full year coming from my first purchase. Thank you for all your help...I'll be back.

Comment

the members area on the DVDDFab.com website is not the same for the forum. Since you need access to old email address to change your email address I suggest you use the Contact Us link below to tell them what the problem is and give your old email address and as well give new email address.

This way they can fix it for you as that the only way to do it as it seems. Just describe the problem in the contact us form so they know and can fix problem for you. Link for Contact Us below

Comment

Your msn mail is still accessible, as long as you know your login & password.

Go to: http://mail.live.com .. you can access it from there (it does not matter who
          your isp is to be able to do this)

Comment

I'm glad you posted this, I dumped AT&T because of their usage limitation going into effect May 2 and had forgotten to do this on the members page. Went smooth and took about 30 seconds.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Problem solved!!

Thank You ALL for your help with this issue. I finally got my DVDFab to work again, got the registration key, and was able to change my email, as well. All of your suggestions were SUPER and I can't thank you enough. It's the pits when you have to re-format your PC, but now I'm smiling again, because this was the only program that I was worried about. So, Thanks again to each and every one of you, and yes, I did send a letter to the 'contact us' and that's what saved me. Also, my hotmail account, was my msn account, but for some reason all of my replies from DVDFab was thrown into the junk file. That's where I found them, and sent them to contact list. Was able to follow easy instructions to get back my old registration key and now I have my original program back. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS...!! *smile
              Thank heavens for wonderful people like yourself for helping people like me. You're the greatest!!!
              Take care...
              Until soon,
              Crickkette

Comment

Glad to hear you're up and running again...
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                X