question about products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about products

I recently bought an IPAD 2 and I want to put DVDs and avi files on it so I can watch them on car rides and airplane rides.

which products do I need to be able to do this? I dont know if I need to separate products to be able to transfer both DVD and avi files to the IPAD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a new IPAD owner, so I don't really know how to do any transferring of DVDs or avi files.

You need DVD ripper or Blu-Ray ripper depending on what you intend to start with. Works great!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      You need DVD ripper or Blu-Ray ripper depending on what you intend to start with. Works great!
      I don't have a blu-ray burner, so it would just be DVD. Can I use DVD ripper to put avi files on my ipad? Do I need to have the video converting program also b/c avi files can't be played on the IPAD and they have to be converted.

Comment

Originally posted by dsaangel View Post
        I don't have a blu-ray burner, so it would just be DVD. Can I use DVD ripper to put avi files on my ipad? Do I need to have the video converting program also b/c avi files can't be played on the IPAD and they have to be converted.
        Yeah if you start with an AVI it will have to be converted to MP4 to play on the iPad I think, I haven't tried an AVI on mine?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah if you start with an AVI it will have to be converted to MP4 to play on the iPad I think, I haven't tried an AVI on mine?
          does the DVD ripper convert file types or is it just for transferring DVDs to mobile devices such as the IPAD

Comment

To convert one file type to another you'll need the video converter sold seperately. The Ripper will encode from the DVD to one file type.

Albert Einstein

Comment

To convert one file type to another you'll need the video converter sold seperately. The Ripper will encode from the DVD to one file type.
              thanks for all of your help. it is greatly appreciated. It looks like I will have to purchase both DVD ripper and Video Converter. hopefully now i can get started moving dvds and avis to my IPAD.

Comment

Sure, have you downloaded yet? There is a trial period so you can be sure of exactly what you need. If you have any other questions or problems there are a bunch of great folks here to help.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Wrong !!! VLC is available for the iPad and as usual will play ANYTHING !!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    Wrong !!! VLC is available for the iPad and as usual will play ANYTHING !!!
                    Just one more thing in a long list of stuff I didn't know

Albert Einstein

Comment

DVD Ripper will produce files from DVD's in many formats.

Personally I use MKV H264 Audiocopy format and use VLC to play the file on the iPad....

Originally posted by dsaangel View Post
                      does the DVD ripper convert file types or is it just for transferring DVDs to mobile devices such as the IPAD
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                        DVD Ripper will produce files from DVD's in many formats.

Personally I use MKV H264 Audiocopy format and use VLC to play the file on the iPad....
                        Do you have to stream it from the computer? I couldn't find the VLC media player just the streamer.

Doesn't seem to be available in the US?
                        Last edited by 90312; 05-05-2011, 12:02 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

On videolan.org, IOS version. Son also downloaded from Apple Apps store, freebie.

No need to steam from computer, just copy file to iPad...

Comment

Hmmmm....Usual bloody Apple !!!

"The iPhone and iPad versions of the popular video player VLC have been removed from the App Store, in what appears to be a showdown between VLC's open-source licensing and the DRM restrictions placed on apps downloaded from Apple's store."

Comment

Working...
                            X