Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optical Drives downloading to HD

"Total time elapsed"...and "task time left"
    Why pray-tell does my "task time left" hit a certain number, (down), then reverse, and start going up? All the while the "total time elapsed" continues its
    downward desent.
    At that rate, (the MB/s) will take forever...if at all). Whats going on???

Need more details....
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

download to hard drive

I recently obtained a dvd from my daughter and trying to make a copy for her. In doing so, I'm trying to transfer the contents of the DVD to my hard drive, then on to a disc. I cleaned the dics (used disc) with some dish soap and warm water, dried carefully, and played it.
      It had a "reading error" and asked what I wanted to do..."abort", "Ignore" or
      "cancel". ....I chose to "ignore".
      Upon doing that, I noticed that the information window, that tells you of the speed and sucess of the download, has drasticly slowed down....ie; MB/sec went from 7.2 down to .65
      The "time left" before completion, was at 5.4 minutes, and the total time elapsed was 12.56 minutes.
      ...the odd part that I don't know, is why the "time left" (5.4 minutes) started to go UP...it went from 5.4 to 6.7, but the "total time elasped" continued its downward journey. The "time left" continued its UPWARD journey to over a half hour, before I cancelled the operation.
      This happened twice! HELP!
      Last edited by Complication; 05-08-2011, 03:02 PM. Reason: forum policies

Comment

sounds like there might be a scratch on the disc.

Comment

Working...
        X