This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v. 8.0.9.0 Settings

In Fab's common settings>DVD/Bluray>Read I can't make the setting stick for "ask retry/ignore/abort when reading error" it always reverts to "ignore all reading errors automatically".
    Odd thing is I never had it set to ignore in any previous version and the default was always to ask when a reading error was encountered.
    Is that the new default? If so bad idea! Either way that needs fixed A.S.A.P.
    Still can't get the Streams>Subpicture setting to stick either.

I'm going to try clicking "default" in common settings and see if something changes. If so I'll post my findings.

Hi W&B,

Did you install and set "ignore all reading errors automatically" in your mfc V.8.0.8.5? If you did, please change to "ask retry/ignore/abort when reading error", restart computer, then uninstall and reinstall DVDFab 8.0.9.0 at to see if you can get this setting corrected.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
      Hi W&B,

Did you install and set "ignore all reading errors automatically" in your mfc V.8.0.8.5? If you did, please change to "ask retry/ignore/abort when reading error", restart computer, then uninstall and reinstall DVDFab 8.0.9.0 at to see if you can get this setting corrected.

Sincerely,
      --
      Sunny
      I've always had all previous versions set to "ask retry/ignore/abort when reading error". I did try clicking the default button in 8090 and it changed it to "ask retry/ignore/abort when reading error" but when I restart Fab in reverts back to "ignore all reading errors automatically". Same for the streams/subpicture setting, they will not stick.

Comment

8090 settings

I'm having the exact same problems as W&B is having, go back to 8085 and everything is set right!, but 8090 want stick with settings!, as W&B has explained, same exact problems!
        Last edited by 8855A; 05-11-2011, 02:53 AM. Reason: version

Comment

8090 Qt Settings

I uninstalled 8090, ran CCleaner, Tryed to restall 8090Qt, but it gave me 8091Qt, so D/L 8091Qt and was able to set all my settings like I want them! Except for the read error setting, it still defaults to engnore all read errors! Then I'm having problem with registration, it shows in the (about)! Everthing is in trail user and enabled (yes)! I have only DVDCOPY!, and expires on 4/20/2012, but it doesn't show on the about page! I went to Members page and re-D/L my key, but it still won't register!, but program works fine except for the read error problem, can't make it change and stay there!

Comment

8091qt is no different. I do have 8085 installed with no problem saving it's settings mentioned above.

To the Devs: If Fengtao or one of his devs want to remotely control my rig to troubleshoot this or see proof I'm more than happy to allow this. Just need to select a time around my work schedule. PM me to let me know if needed.

Comment

8090settings

2nd that 8091Qt is no different!

Comment

+1

I'm running on Windows 7 64bit if that counts anything.

Comment

Hi all,

We have reported this problem to our QA team and devs, once we find where the problem is we will fix ASAP, Thanks for your kindly response.

Sincerely,
                  --
                  Sunny

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
                    Hi all,

We have reported this problem to our QA team and devs, once we find where the problem is we will fix ASAP, Thanks for your kindly response.

Sincerely,
                    --
                    Sunny
                    Thanks Sunny, as a test I installed 8092qt on my wifes laptop and the settings stick on it, same OS, antivirus and so forth.
                    On my main rig I tried doing a clean uninstall and ran a registry cleaner then rebooted but still no luck. After the install it was set at the default "ask retry, abort..." but when I closed Fab and re-opened it goes to the "ignore read errors" on it's own.

Comment

dvdfab 8090 settings

I've gotten, 8090Qt,8091Qt,8092Qt to install and running fine! Had a problem with my registartion, but has been fixed! Running Windows XP SP3 on old dell pc! The only "MAIN" problem is that the read errors problem! IT ALWAYS RESORTS BACK TO: Egnore all read errors, instead of ASK/RETRY/ect, ect., which I think really needs fixing!, but QT is fine on my Windows XP SP3!, also can un-install and re-install each version!

Comment

Happy to report my settings problem is fixed with v.8095qt. Gonna get my DVDFab ripping freak on in a few, will create new thread if any problems pop up. Thanks for the fix devs.

Comment

Working...
                        X