This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB QT 8.0.9.0x not working under WinXP SP3

None of the three QT versions (8.0.9.0 - 8.0.9.2) of DVDFab will run under Windows XP Professional SP3.

They install fully, and the computer is then restarted.

Yet all of them install and work perfectly under both Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 and Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

The older non QT versions up to and including 8.0.8.5 work as expected, but it seems that this is the end of the line for Windows XP DVDFab updates, unless this problem can be fixed.

I have also noticed that you cannot uninstall any of the QT versions under XP, until you have first ended the running process DVDFab.exe in Windows Task Manager.

I have tried running DVDFab QT with administrator rights and as some of the forums have suggested compatibility mode for Windows 98, but still no luck.

Uninstall and clean install also failed to make any visible difference.

There are no error dialogues to report.

Please help!

reeman50

Hallo reeman50,

I don't know what is wrong, but all of the DVDFab products are fully working also on a Windows XP Professional SP3.

I know this, because I did test it by myself.

I am not sure, but I think there is something wrong on your side.
    - Try to clean up your Computer, with CCleaner, this is a free product.

After this try to install DVDFab v8.0.9.2QT again.
    ( And as you know, sometimes it is necessary to have administration right to install software on a Computer.)

Good Luck.
    Last edited by Timothy Arens; 05-13-2011, 05:54 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Searching for yourself is a lifetime journey.
    Life is what happens in between.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Tried to disable the antivirus program or similar one to see if that one prevents the program from starting?

Once had an issue with Comodo that made a specific program not to start.

Comment

Thank you to Gummigutta for his suggestion, but any program which requires me to temporarily disable Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) even temporarily in order to be able to launch it would be of no further interest to me. The important point is that DVDFab.exe is shown as running in the Windows Task Manager, but never actually appears on the desktop. I also use the identical version of MSE under Vista and 7, and DVDFabQT both installs and launches normally while real time protection is still active with those OS's.

To Timothy whose advice I also very much appreciate, it is clear from what I have read so far in other postings on this forum over recent days, that I am far from the only person whose system is having issues with the QT versions of DVDFab (8.0.9.0 to 8.0.9.2 so far). I already use CCleaner and have removed all temporary files including removing any prefetch ones which are related to this otherwise excellent DVD and BluRay copying software. No joy yet!

reeman50

Comment

Lattest QT Update

i also have that very same problem and my instalation of XP is FRESH

Comment

Is it running SP3?
            Originally posted by sfrcpilot View Post
            i also have that very same problem and my instalation of XP is FRESH
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

is it running ser. pk. 3

yes all up to date

Comment

Originally posted by reeman50 View Post
                Thank you to Gummigutta for his suggestion, but any program which requires me to temporarily disable Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) even temporarily in order to be able to launch it would be of no further interest to me. The important point is that DVDFab.exe is shown as running in the Windows Task Manager, but never actually appears on the desktop. I also use the identical version of MSE under Vista and 7, and DVDFabQT both installs and launches normally while real time protection is still active with those OS's.

To Timothy whose advice I also very much appreciate, it is clear from what I have read so far in other postings on this forum over recent days, that I am far from the only person whose system is having issues with the QT versions of DVDFab (8.0.9.0 to 8.0.9.2 so far). I already use CCleaner and have removed all temporary files including removing any prefetch ones which are related to this otherwise excellent DVD and BluRay copying software. No joy yet!

reeman50
                Did you ever solve this problem from 18 months ago? I wish I'd read this first before DL this version. All I want to do is unistall this POS. Any joy?

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

I am not quite sure my friend what you meant by your 18 months ago comment, as it was only three days ago that I posted this. The QT versions have not been around that long, and this never to the best of my knowledge happened with the non QT versions of this otherwise top software.

To successfully uninstall the QT version of DVDFab, either run the uninstaller from the shortcut in the start menu, the add/remove programs control panel or through the uninstall tool in CCleaner.

While the uninstaller is still open, press control-alt-delete and end the DVDFab.exe process in Windows Task Manager.

If you do not do that, at least on my machine the uninstaller will never complete.

Hoping that this helps and version 8.0.8.5 is still available for download just under the QT one, and installs and works flawlessly as it has always done under Windows XP SP3.

And for the other members who were kind enough to respond to my question, please be aware that I have taken all your suggestions on board, have unfortunately had no further luck using any of them, but continue to monitor this thread on a daily basis in the hope that someone may find the solution which some of us are waiting for.

Thanks everyone,

reeman50
                  Last edited by reeman50; 05-15-2011, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Dear all,

If you cannot start DVDFab, please check if dvdfab_internal.log is available, and please post it.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
                    Fengtao
                    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

dvdfab_internal.log

Fengtao,

The dvdfab_internal.log tells me nothing other than that I have repeatedly attempted to install and use the QT versions of your software, with no success.

The part of the log for version 8.0.9.0 looks exactly the same.

Just a series of time stamped entries which is consistent with my earlier observation of DVDFab.exe being shown as running in Task Manager, but never appearing either on the desktop or on the taskbar in a minimised form.

It is installed, but I cannot do anything with it.

At one stage I had 12 separate incidences of it in Windows Task Manager, after that number of consecutive attempts to get the window to appear.

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 13:41:49)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 13:42:43)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 13:43:33)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 13:49:13)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 13:50:18)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 13:51:11)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 17:14:03)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 17:14:48)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 17:15:35)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 17:16:32)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 19:31:12)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 19:32:01)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 19:32:15)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 19:33:11)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 19:35:12)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 19:36:39)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 19:38:52)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 19:40:10)

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/13 19:41:03)

And here is a small excerpt of what the same log looks like under Vista Ultimate SP2 (where it runs perfectly).

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/14 03:06:18)

0m 02.15s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                      0m 02.15s: Qt Translator file load success
                      0m 03.56s: detected dvd
                      0m 03.60s: drive E
                      0m 03.60s: dvd type 1
                      0m 03.60s: volume label TIME_MACHINE_2002
                      0m 04.96s: got copyright 0 0
                      0m 05.21s: got udf/iso
                      0m 05.95s: got discinfo
                      0m 05.96s: pathplayer enabled
                      0m 22.32s: got dvdinfo
                      0m 22.32s: opened dvd

Not much help, I am afraid to either yourself as the programmer since there is no activity being logged (hardly surprising since I cannot see it or use it), or to me in trying to use DVDFabQT 8.0.9.x under Windows XP SP3.

reeman50

Comment

aasfasdf

Not sure if this is really useful to anyone, but it looks like I'm having the same problem on XP 32bit SP3. 8.0.9.2 installs fine and will at times simply die with no error message or log.

It does appear to be random. Sometimes it will die in the middle of startup, other times it will die while reading a disc or an image file. Other times it will die in the middle of ripping or encoding.

It will not be usable again until I shutdown the machine completely, and then start it again - rebooting does not fix it.

According to errorlog.xml FabReport generated, it's an access violation:
                        Code:
                          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
                        - <!-- 
                         This error report was automatically generated
                         by BugTrap for Win32-x86 on Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:54:04 PM

--> 
                        - <report version="1">
                          <platform>Win32-x86</platform> 
                          <application>DVDFab</application> 
                          <version>8.0.9.2</version> 
                          <computer>PHOBOS</computer> 
                        - <ips>
                          <ip>192.168.1.144</ip> 
                          </ips>
                          <user>Administrator</user> 
                          <timestamp>129504956449680000</timestamp> 
                        - <error>
                          <what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what> 
                        - <process>
                          <name>DVDFab.exe</name> 
                          <id>568</id> 
                          </process>
                          <module>C:\Program Files\DVDFab_8.0.9.2\qtcore4.dll</module> 
                          <address>001B:670B56C8</address> 
                        - <function>
                          <name>QMutex::lock</name> 
                          <offset>8</offset> 
                          </function>

Code:
                        DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/21  23:53:44)

0m 00.53s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                         0m 00.53s: Qt Translator file load success 
                         0m 04.87s: detected dvd
                         0m 04.92s: drive D
                         0m 04.92s: dvd type 1
                         0m 04.92s: volume label XFDISC2
                         0m 06.92s: detected dvd
                         0m 06.92s: drive F
                         0m 06.92s: dvd type 0
                         0m 06.92s: volume label EAWG_1EF
                         0m 07.03s: detected dvd
                         0m 07.06s: drive D
                         0m 07.06s: dvd type 1
                         0m 07.06s: volume label XFDISC2
                         0m 07.32s: got copyright 1 fe
                         0m 07.73s: got udf/iso
                         0m 08.31s: got discinfo
                         0m 08.31s: pathplayer enabled
                         0m 20.67s: terminate process

Comment

Galaxy,

Although there has been no response so far to your kind offer from the powers to be, I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you contributing this what I hope could be an important clue to what is possibly going wrong with the QT versions of DVDFab while running under Windows XP SP3 on my computer.

My own past experience has taught me that it is quite feasible that this might be only one of several problems all happening at the same time, but removing one at least moves things in the right general direction. Without such information as yours nothing seems to be moving with regards to finding the solution, if indeed it exists.

You mentioned that this error appears only intermittently, which begs the question as to why I have never yet seen the program appear on the desktop, and yet the process is obviously running perfectly OK in the background in spite of any access violations having occurred.

But then I am not a programmer myself so perhaps I can be excused for not understanding why this should be so.

I will have to plead ignorance as my only defence.

Thanks again!

reeman50

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to post here to mention that I am having similar problem so as to give some extra clues, possibly?

Firstly, I had no other Dvd Fab installed, but did have Rip it for Me installed, which I removed before installing QT 8.0.9.2.

I got the download from Softpedia's site, and the file sized matched what it should be.

I have a 64 bit processor with nLite version of XP Professional SP3 for 32 bit, so it doesn't have Explorer or Outhouse or .netframeworks installed or Windows Media Player.

I tried installing it as administrator, but it did hang for several seconds after the progress bar finished to the right side and before it got to the READ ME/Features page, which told me something wasn't right. I restarted the computer and when I clicked on the DVD Fab icon, the cursor would show it was trying to do something, and I could hear my hard drive making some noise like Fab was looking for some dependency, not sure? I use dial up, so there was no active connection when I installed and tried to run Fab. When I tried restarting the computer, task manager showed that prgram was not responding, so I clicked to end it. I tried reinstalling with same result. I too could not uninstall it, but after reading further here I see there was a simpler way to remove it other than reinstalling XP, which I have done. No big deal there.

There are no error logs to report so not much to tell you other than these symptoms.

I did try changing compatability mode, as well as checking DEP settings (already set to "Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select" ) and that did not help.

I have since installed DVD Fab 8032-675 avangate version, which installed fine.
                            Last edited by Mitabre; 05-25-2011, 03:23 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Mitabre,

I wanted to thank you as well for adding further evidence to this discussion to prove that DVDFab's strange and intermittent behaviour (QT versions only) when running under Windows XP SP3 is neither always related to the absence of .NET framework (I found the same thing with 32 bit) nor due to some inherent incompatibility which can be corrected by fooling it into believing that it is running under Windows 98 of all things. Using it as an administrator was equally non productive, especially as many of us are both the administrator and sole user of our machines.

According to this posting there is also a problem under 64 bit as well.

Unfortunately I do not know whether the software developers have read this and are intending to do anything about it, presumably due to the problem not happening on all XP SP3 systems.

I fear that the QT versions are the end of the line for those DVDFab users who for whatever reason still choose to use what in many ways is a more robust and forgiving OS than either of its descendants Vista or Win 7.

reeman50

Comment

Working...
                              X