This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray to Mobile/Disk possible yet?

I'm able to copy Blu-Ray disks to my hard drive, but have had little luck converting to MP4 or anything I can watch on my iPhone yet. It gets 90% done and crashes. Two questions:

1) Is it possible to convert Blu-Ray to MP4 or similar file format yet? I have no issues doing it with DVDs.

2) Once I rip to my hard drive, can I watch the movie on my PC? The format is very different from DVDs and Windows Media Center does not recognize it. Are there players out there for this?

Thanks!

1. Actually no, Fengtao did announce plans for a Blu-ray to Mobile option in the future but specifically would not give any details as to when it might be ready. (personally i don't blame him for that)

2. Yes, you have three choices TMT3 (I recommend), PowerDVD, and WinDVD 2010. My method for this to test and watch Blu-ray rips is this, rip to iso format and mount that to a virtual drive such as Daemon Tools (there is some free choices for the virtual drive, just use Google) Also you can use VLC media player to watch the .m2ts file with but I have had mixed results and VLC will not support the playback of Blu-ray rips in iso format. (Link for VLC is in my sig and it is free) hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
    X