X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to initialise burning engine

Hi guys

I've been using DVDFab for the last month or so to get my DVD collection into ISO format, to then be unpacked by FairUse Wizard and streamed to my 360. I know that there's recently been a policy change regarding the HD Decrypter feature, but my understanding is that updates are delayed rather than the facility being completely removed.

My problem is that when I've started DVDFab over the last couple of days, it brings up the following error message :

Failed to initialise the burning engine. If you just installed the product, please restart your PC to see the result, or else please reinstall the product.

As the HD Decrypter section of the menu is no longer present, I go to DVD to DVD and ask it to place the movie into an ISO file (giving me the red disc with the document icon). When I try to move it forward, it asks me to locate Nero or ImgBurn to proceed.

I'm not trying to make copy discs, just to get the ISOs on my HD. Is this an error, or is this due to the expiry of the 30 days? I'm more than willing to purchase DVDFab if this is the case, however I want to be sure first.

Thanks for your time.

Not too sure as we all use the paid version and I just installed DVDFab on my other computer and just waiting for the 30 day trial to end before I can start helping with the free version. You can download and install ImgBurn as it is a free program to see if that will fix the problem.

I do remember hearing something being said about DVDFab using either Nero or ImgBurn to create the ISO file but do not remember exactly what was said about it

Comment

I think if the 30 day trial is up it will not create an iso but only rip to a folder to your hdd. (I'm in the same boat as AGJ and can't access the free version).

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
        I think if the 30 day trial is up it will not create an iso but only rip to a folder to your hdd. (I'm in the same boat as AGJ and can't access the free version).
        I think you are right but can rip to hard drive and then use ImgBurn to create the iso

Comment

Working...
        X