Windows changed TEMP drive letter..cannot start DVDFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows changed TEMP drive letter..cannot start DVDFab

Windows changed TEMP drive letter...cannot start DVDFab. Not even uninstalling/reinstalling it fixes it. Has anyone a workaround for this issue?

No workaround suggestion possible until you describe your problem and how it happened in more detail.

We are not mindreaders nor do we play "20 Questions" !!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

temp drive is your C : drive so I not think that problem

Comment

Sorry guys...I have intentionally changed in setup configuration this folder to a second array of drives, now this drive is been assigned a different letter...

Comment

Originally posted by masca View Post
          Sorry guys...I have intentionally changed in setup configuration this folder to a second array of drives, now this drive is been assigned a different letter...
          Does this mean your issue has been resolved?
          I'm still not connecting the dots.

Can't you just rename the hdds or change the path for the temp directory if this is still a problem?
          Last edited by maineman; 05-19-2011, 08:19 PM.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Sorry again...I still have not resolved it...I just want to comment this to fix a bug, I am not trying to play 20Q...
            As I cannot OPEN DVDFab, how can I change TEMP settings?
            To rename HDD letters is a major change, I wil try now but I just want to pinpoint a BUG as I say...

Comment

renaming drive letters is easy but I doubt it was windows that changed them on you unless have a virus/malware on computer. install MBAM and run a full scan to find out

Comment

RESOLVED: Windows DID change drive letters because when I changed the temp folder setting I had inadvertly started windows with an external hdd that I forgot to unplug (boot form the C: drive, but this usb hdd appeared as an I; instead of an F: ). Removing it caused the issue. I had to boot with the ext hdd again to prevent the problem, then changed settings to defaults. Thanks ANYWAY.

PS: Should there be a way to start DVDFab in a SAFE MODE? Or a FULL UNINSTALLATION to completely erase registry settings?
                Last edited by masca; 05-20-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X