2D to 3D Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2D to 3D Instructions

Okay, I admit I am somewhat of a novice at this whole thing, but when I downloaded the trial version and opened it up with a home video I couldn't find the function to convert to 3D.
    Could some one tell me how to do this, or point me somewhere?
    Thanks.

Question moved to its own thread.

Comment

Hi kimomakano
      Here is a tutorial
      Hope this helps
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        Question moved to its own thread.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi kimomakano
          Here is a tutorial
          Hope this helps
          CBR929
          Thanks. So I did that and it output it as an .mkv file.
          But I don't see anywhere that it tells me how to make this into a 3D DVD vs the 3D file.

Comment

You can't.

Fab is not an DVD or Blu-Ray AUTHORING package.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks,
              But what is the point of converting it if you can't it into a format to burn to a disc to watch on TV???
              Isn't that the whole point?
              DVD Fab does rip files and makes them into DVD compliant format.
              So then what you are saying is that in order for this 2D to 3D converter to be fully functional the user needs to take another step and convert the 3D file into a format that can be burned onto a DVD so it can be viewed in a 3D DVD player??

Comment

Hi kimomakano
                I understand what you are asking, but GregiBoy is correct.
                I am not very familiar with the 2D to 3D option, but who knows maybe Fab will some day venture into the field of converting different formats into DVD and Blu-Ray compliant formats, it is totally up to the developers to make that decision.
                You may post in the Feature request forum and ask for this, I think I remember them saying that they may support this in the future.
                Sorry
                CBR929
                Last edited by CBR929; 05-21-2011, 12:18 AM. Reason: text
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

You are obviously not understanding what this product is about.

It's objective is to produce a 3D FILE that can be played in a variety of software and hardware media players that support a 3D file, not back to optical disk such as DVD/Blu-Ray.

It is, IMHO, a POS at the moment and needs a lot more work, but then again I am not a 3D fan anyway. I regard the whole scenario as a cynical marketing ploy by hardware manufacturers & studios.

Originally posted by kimomakano View Post
                  Thanks,
                  But what is the point of converting it if you can't it into a format to burn to a disc to watch on TV???
                  Isn't that the whole point?
                  DVD Fab does rip files and makes them into DVD compliant format.
                  So then what you are saying is that in order for this 2D to 3D converter to be fully functional the user needs to take another step and convert the 3D file into a format that can be burned onto a DVD so it can be viewed in a 3D DVD player??
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                  X