Cinavia avchd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia avchd

Is it possible to make an AVCHD file that will play on PS3 from an external hard drive or usb stick? It's more convenient IMO than writing them back to blu ray's which will wear your laser for no reason. I mean can you encode AVCHD in the BDMV-REC format somehow?

Or does AACS only work on a blu ray and not on a Hard Drive/Flash Drive?
    Last edited by Bayron; 05-21-2011, 06:18 PM.

The PS3 is unlikely to recognize such a format from a USB. It treats all content from the USB as individual files. Your best bet is to use something else for playback of Cinevia content.

Comment

"It treats all content from the USB as individual files".

Maybe you are wrong there.

First be sure you did encode your video at exactly 1920*1080 or 1280*720. Or just download a movie trailer that is in MKV format and is exactly 1920*1080 or 1280*720.

I used TSMUXERGUI to save it as AVCHD. You must save it in a folder called AVCHD on the root of your usb stick (Creates the folder structure like it is on the blu-ray). And then use AVCHDME to change the filenames, this tricks the PS3 to play the folders as if they were a blu-ray. Then it plays on the PS3 with toggable subtitles, thinking it is a blu-ray disc. I was wondering as the folder structure is almost identical to how it is on the blu-ray, wouldn't it also be possible to add the missing AACS folders and create a BDMV-REC disc this way that works from USB?

Or does this BDMV-REC format rely on exact positions on the disc to decrypt which isn't possible on a usb-stick?

It would be nice if you could have a look into this. Because the PS3 plays an AVCHD folder on a usb stick, that is a fact.
      Last edited by Bayron; 05-23-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I had not heard of using a USB stick that was formatted like a disc.

I do know that part of the BD protection is contained in the volume information.

Comment

It's rather easy.

Let's say you have an MKV file.

You import it in TSMUXERGUI and make sure the VIDEO PROFILE is 4.1 or lower.
          You also import your srt file.

Then you go to split and cut to split it let's say every 3GB. So it doesn't go over the FAT32 limit of your stick.

Then you choose create AVCHD disc and you save it in F:\AVCHD which is your USB stick.

Then the only thing that you have to do is go to F:\AVCHD with AVCHDME (You can find it easily with google) and fix the filenames.

Now you put the stick in your PS3 and on your stick you will see 1 file called AVCHD which is your movie. So becaus the filestructure is allmost the same as on a blu-ray I was wondering if you could also add the security part on the stick. "part of the BD protection is contained in the volume information" maybe it will not be possible because of this, I don't know, maybe just check it out once, could be intresting to disable cinavia on a usb stick this way.

Comment

Did anybody from DVDFAB already have a look into the AVCHD PS3 USB playback?

Comment

Working...
            X