Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Fab Ver 8.0.9.2 don't work (Can't Unistall Update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab Ver 8.0.9.2 don't work (Can't Unistall Update)

I just upgraded my DVD Fab from ver 8.0.8.5 to the latest ver 8.0.9.2 QT. When done installing it left the old version 8.0.8.5 still on my computer. I have both programs on my computer now and when i try to start the updated version 8.0.9.2QT it does nothing it won't even open the program up. I tried to unistall the 8.0.9.2QT version and I can't even uninstall the program.

Does anyone know how to uninstall the update?

I have a
    Dell Deminson 8300
    Window XP SP3
    Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    1.50 GB Ram
    160MB Hard drive
    500Mb Seagate External Hard Drive
    NEC DVD+RW ND-23100AD Burner
    TSSTcorp DVD-Rom TS-H352C
    NVida GeForce FX5200 Video Card

This appears to be a problem for some users and the developers are trying to resolve it.

Unfortunately, they haven't been able to emulate the problem, so it is pretty hard to track down.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi golferklr
      You can try to use the Add or Remove Programs in control panel to do this:
      1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
      2. In the Currently installed programs box, click the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
      3. If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.
      Or try using CCleaner found here http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner install it then open CCleaner > click > tools > Uninstall remove the DVD Fab program then go to Registry in CCleaner and scan for leftover files and delete them.

Note you may have to run the registry cleaner more than once.
      Give this a try and post back.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I had the very same problem so what I did was install 8.0.8.9 over top of 8.0.9.2 and then go into fab program and then use the uninstaller and it uninstalled ok, also don't forget to run ccleaner to clean up the reg. Version 8.0.9.2 QT installs in it's own folder so you will still have 8.0.8.5 which I would keep as long as it's working OK.
        @CBR it won't uninstall by going into add/remove programs or by ccleaner remove program so it is really screwed up for some XP users
        Last edited by Jimbo; 05-23-2011, 01:52 PM.
        Paid Not To Work
        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
        Proudly Served On
        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
        X