This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Media detected

Blu Ray and DVD copy, the blank media is not being detected.
    I can back up the movie by copying from the temp folder to the drive after shutting down and restarting DVDFAB, but when I read from the E drive and then insert blank media into the E drive, it won't detect the media.
    Any suggestions.

Thanks

Hi newey
    Some times the VSO burn engine causes trouble for some, so may I suggest using ImgBurn as your burn engine.

You will find it here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33 with a tutorial on setting it up with Fab, the You tube video is no longer available but if you take your time in setting it up I'm sure you can do it.

Remember to set up the AWS in ImgBurn and set your burn speed to 1/2 the rated speed of the media you are using.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

thanks, I will try that
      I removed DLA off my drives because it was causing an issue, I believe it is used for drag and drop, could this cause an issue, should I apply it again.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by newey View Post
        thanks, I will try that
        I removed DLA off my drives because it was causing an issue, I believe it is used for drag and drop, could this cause an issue, should I apply it again.

thanks
        Hi newey
        I am not sure. Give the suggestions a try, ImgBurn is a far better burn engine.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hi CBR929, I did everything you suggested, it still will not detect the media.
          I read with drive E and when it is done it says, ' No media detected in drive E, please insert a compatible media to start the write process'
          I do that, and it won't detect the media and start the write process.
          So I have to cancel and access the temp folder in DVDfab to write the movie.
          Any other suggestions.
          Thank you
          Newey

Comment

Originally posted by newey View Post
            Hi CBR929, I did everything you suggested, it still will not detect the media.
            I read with drive E and when it is done it says, ' No media detected in drive E, please insert a compatible media to start the write process'
            I do that, and it won't detect the media and start the write process.
            So I have to cancel and access the temp folder in DVDfab to write the movie.
            Any other suggestions.
            Thank you
            Newey

Sorry..I'm not CBR929, but I do have a question or two that we'll both need answered before we can offer any real help...

1.) What is the blank media you're using that your drive refuses to acknowledge?

2.) What are the details about your write drive? (a vso burn.log - one of an actual burn - rather than the 9-11 line log that gets submitted all the time as a burn log, will answer both questions)...

3.) Is DMA set on your system? (know how to do it??)

There are plenty of posts here to tell you where to find the burn logs... a quick check will show you where...

DC

Comment

Hi newey
              It seems that you are not the only member having this problem.

The logs that DarthCopier is referring to can be found in this location:
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.

I don't know if this may help but Open Fab Click the Green top right > to open Common Settings > DVD Copy > and make sure that DVD Output Type is set to DVD Writer.
              CBR929
              Last edited by CBR929; 05-24-2011, 03:41 AM.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. I've used the same dvd's I always use to copy with and It keeps saying no media is detected. I just recently downloaded the new software as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Terb14 View Post
                  I'm having the same problem. I've used the same dvd's I always use to copy with and It keeps saying no media is detected. I just recently downloaded the new software as well.
                  Yup, me as well. I never had problem with media detection before but now it doesn't detect about 80% of the time. There are rare times when it goes without a hitch but most of the time I have to quit out of the program and burn from the temp folder. It's really annoying but I get by somehow. I'm hoping the next update will fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Terb14 View Post

Hail, Terb14! (and rtbe25)

Same question to you as was given to newey (which he hasn't answered yet...).... What media are you using and what drive is installed as your write drive??

And is DMA set or not??

DC

Last edited by DarthCopier; 05-25-2011, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I am having the same issue. I have been using the same media disc's as always & never had this problem. When I downloaded the newest software version that is when I started to having this problem. I would guess that it's a glitch in the new software. I hope that the developers fix it asap since it seems we are all having the same problem

Comment

sorry guys, I have been busy at the office, no time to play on the pc.
                        My burner is the LG BH10LS30
                        Blank media I use DVD-5 RITEKF1, Verbatim MCC 03RG20, DVD-9 Verbatim MKM-001-00, BD25 RITEK-BR2-000.
                        Darth, I have SATA drives, I don't think you can set DMA on a SATA, let me know if you are aware of an option to do this.
                        I switched to IMGBURN from VSO, no luck, I had one work, see 'Sharpay's...'
                        Thanks everyone for all your help.
                        I am attaching logs from VSO looks like IMGburn log only shows my successful Sharpay burn, not the others that did not work.

2011-05-23 13:02:02 ---- ******************** Log session stop 23-May 13:02:02.906 PID 3592********************
                        2011-05-23 13:01:48 Info Current Drive selected : 0:2:0 - HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 [E] (Ide)
                        2011-05-23 13:01:48 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
                        2011-05-23 13:01:48 Info System default language : English (United States)
                        2011-05-23 13:01:48 Info User default language : English (United States)
                        2011-05-23 13:01:48 Info DLL Version : 4.0.16.484
                        2011-05-23 13:01:48 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8 Qt\vso_hwe.dll
                        2011-05-23 13:01:48 Info Version : 8, 0, 9, 2
                        2011-05-23 13:01:48 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8 Qt\DVDFab.exe
                        2011-05-23 13:01:48 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP MCE 2005 (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
                        2011-05-23 13:01:48 ---- ******************** Log session start 23-May 13:01:48.203 PID 3592********************

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/23 13:29:06)

0m 02.84s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                        0m 02.89s: 2
                        0m 02.89s: C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm 0m 02.89s:
                        0m 02.89s: Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm
                        0m 08.43s: detected dvd
                        0m 08.45s: drive E
                        0m 08.45s: dvd type 0
                        0m 08.45s: volume label
                        0m 27.62s: pathplayer enabled

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/23 13:42:59)

0m 03.37s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                        0m 03.39s: 2
                        0m 03.39s: C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm 0m 03.39s:
                        0m 03.39s: Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/23 13:44:32)

0m 01.67s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                        0m 01.67s: 2
                        0m 01.67s: C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm 0m 01.67s:
                        0m 01.67s: Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/23 17:54:58)

0m 02.57s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                        0m 02.60s: 2
                        0m 02.60s: C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm 0m 02.60s:
                        0m 02.60s: Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm
                        0m 08.60s: detected dvd
                        0m 08.60s: drive E
                        0m 08.60s: dvd type 0
                        0m 08.60s: volume label
                        0m 24.03s: pathplayer enabled

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/05/23 18:19:59)

0m 01.76s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                        0m 01.76s: 2
                        0m 01.76s: C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm 0m 01.76s:
                        0m 01.76s: Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm
                        1m 23.03s: detected dvd
                        1m 23.09s: drive E
                        1m 23.09s: dvd type 1
                        1m 23.09s: volume label SharpaysFabulousAdventure_USA_DE
                        1m 33.46s: got copyright 1 f6
                        1m 33.75s: got udf/iso
                        1m 38.01s: got discinfo
                        1m 38.03s: pathplayer enabled
                        2m 18.64s: got dvdinfo
                        2m 18.78s: opened dvd
                        12m 35.32s: detected dvd
                        12m 35.35s: drive E
                        12m 35.35s: dvd type 0
                        12m 35.35s: volume label

Comment

No media detected

I also am having the no media detected and Ive always used IMAG Burn. Doesnt matter what drive. Im having to rescan and load for each copy I make. I even tried on Beta, and tried disabling pathplayer. Did we get an answer to this problem Thanks guys

Comment

0m 01.76s: C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm 0m 01.76s:
                            0m 01.76s: Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~1\DVDFAB~2\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm
                            Check the selected language in the settings.

Comment

Language is English, don't see an issue here, thanks though

Comment

Working...
                              X