This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registered copy is no faster

I decided last night that I would take the plunge and take out the lifetime subscription for dvd to dvd.
    On of the main reasons is that it was quoted that with a paid subscription I would get a faster copy speed
    Unfortunetly I have not noticed any difference to the free subscription.
    Im getting around 5/6mb/s.
    Does that sound about right or has it not unlocked the full potential?

Not sure who said that it was faster but it's no faster or slower than the 30 day trial. The free version will only rip to your hdd and then you can burn that to a dual layer disc with a burn program of your choice. Possibly they meant it was faster since you would be avoidng the extra steps? Either way welcome to Forum and if any problems please let someone here know.

Comment

There is absolutely no difference between the full retail app and the 30-day trial except that the 30-day trial ceases to function if not purchased after 30 days...you then have access to the freeware app only,.

The rate of data transfer from an ODD varies from system to system and can vary greatly with different discs.

I usually have speeds of about 10-11 MB/s, but with some discs. I'll drop down to 5 or so.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        I usually have speeds of about 10-11 MB/s, but with some discs. I'll drop down to 5 or so.
        I have seen speeds as high as 15mb+. I think it also depends on the copy protection on the disc.

Comment

Sorry, I'm just re-reading your post...guess I need another cup o' joe.

As W&B said, no idea where you heard about different rip speeds between the freeware version and the retail version, but I've never heard this and I can't connect the dots at all as to why this would be the case.

And your rip speeds don't sound too bad.
          What are you using for hardware...particularly your read drive?

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
            I have seen speeds as high as 15mb+. I think it also depends on the copy protection on the disc.
            Right as usual W&B and I have seen speeds up around 15 or so.
            My "typical" read speeds are more like 10-11, but there are any number of factors that can impact the speed...like the copy protection, disc structure, condition of the disc from scratches to fingerprints, etc., and the ODD itself.

Comment

Originally posted by northan View Post
              On of the main reasons is that it was quoted that with a paid subscription I would get a faster copy speed
              You did purchase from DVDFab.com? and Not DVDFab6.com...Hope you didn't purchase from a scammers site that makes false claims.

Comment

Ok thanks for the quick replys. I thought It would depend on my hardware and certain other maters. Just thought that I read a statement about it being faster when looking at the program advantages in help on the program
                Sorry for being vague I'm at work so I don't have it in front of me.
                But if you think its normal I won't stress, I'm paying for a terific program

Comment

Btw it was legit site, made sure of it

Comment

Originally posted by northan View Post
                    Btw it was legit site, made sure of it
                    Very wise and I agree with Maineman's #6 post, thats really the only things that will vary copy speeds. Glad you joined the Fab family. Remember any problems or questions don't hesitate to post a question and just check back here for the latest beta and/or final release.

Comment

Just a quick update.
                      Since I've been home, i've updated the firmware. Found that the driver upto date but there was a newer firmware for the dvd drive.
                      Since then i've been getting speeds of 14mb/s, very happy.
                      Films that took 30min now only take 8 min.

Comment

Updates sometime work
                        Updates are good

Glad to hear you are getting what you need.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
                        Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Originally posted by bean55 View Post
                          Updates sometime work
                          Updates are good

Glad to hear you are getting what you need.
                          OT...sorry

Ok, ok, thanks bean...
                          Now I've got that scene in my head in "Young Frankenstein" where the monster, Peter Boyle, is told,
                          "Fire Good"
                          So he burns himself with soup and lights his thumb on fire...LMAO
                          Now I'm gonna have to watch it.
                          I guess that's not a bad thing though...

Comment

Did I do that

Its a good movie, it shouldn't hurt to much.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
                            Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Originally posted by bean55 View Post
                              Did I do that
                              Can't say that for sure, but it's the way my brain works.
                              A caveat to modern life:
                              You should never take responsibility for your own thoughts or actions.
                              So, I'm blaming you...

Yeah, it's one of my favorites and I haven't seen it in a while.
                              Thanks for joggin' the old brain.

Comment

Working...
                              X