2D to 3D to playable disc???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2D to 3D to playable disc???

Can I convert DVD/BR 2D to 3D and burn it to disc playable on Oppo BD 3D player? What settings? Blown the cash on the software, but can I use it the way I intended?

Thanks

playing 3D conversions

Well, silly me. When the ad said the converted product could be played on some compatible tv's and display devices, I assumed that it was possible to get the output to those compatible display devices in order to play them. Did I waste my money, or is this product actually USEFUL in some way? Sorry to appear to be bent out of shape, but I am bent out of shape. What is this converter for if the output cannot be viewed on something other than a smallish computer monitor, and how does the output there control shutter glasses in order to produce 3D? I know, I sound as dumb as a box of rocks, but apparently I am.

Comment

Did I miss something or doesn't the software still come with a 30 free trial?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesr88 View Post
        I know, I sound as dumb as a box of rocks, but apparently I am.
        No, you are not. This is what your player's manufacturer saying for your player capabilities:

Additional Disc & Media Formats - Additional disc and file formats, such as DVD, audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MP4, DivX, MKV, FLAC, WAV and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs, USB or eSATA drives can be played back on the BDP-95. (emphasis in bold/blue are mine).

So please do some research what kind of 3D format your equipment likes (side-by-side, etc.) and try to do the conversions using DVDFab 2D->3D feature. Experiment, use little clip, burn on inexpensive media and see what would happen... experiment with formats, depth, media...
        Please let this forum community know of results you were getting.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

converted 3D playback.

Box-O-rox here: I have an Oppo 93, which is almost the same as the 95 except for sound processing (as per the salesperson who sold it to me), so maybe there's some hope for me after all.

Comment

DVDFAB crashes

When trying to convert a DVD, in the middle of the settings process, the program just closes, "DVDFAB has encountered a problem.....". I think the DVDFAB folks need to work out a few bugs before this module of the program is ready for prime time.

Comment

There's a massive bug hunt going on. So, please sit tight and try every new beta that coming out and keep updating us here. Thanks.

When trying to convert a DVD, in the middle of the settings process, the program just closes, "DVDFAB has encountered a problem.....". I think the DVDFAB folks need to work out a few bugs before this module of the program is ready for prime time.
              sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Tried it "free trial", but couldn't get it to do anything but close the program and generate an error message. Thought maybe the registering process was needed. Nope. Still does the same thing. Looks like I wasted my money. Not too upset as I have enjoyed the basic DVDFAB program enough to feel like I've got my money's worth from this software.

Comment

Results? None. Program closes and gives error message whenever I try to enter parameters for any kind of conversion. Works fine in "standard" rip and burn modes, though.

Comment

Tried it "free trial", but couldn't get it to do anything but close the program and generate an error message. Thought maybe the registering process was needed. Nope. Still does the same thing. Looks like I wasted my money. Not too upset as I have enjoyed the basic DVDFAB program enough to feel like I've got my money's worth from this software.
                    Hi jamesr88
                    You did not waste your money, as my friend IPopov50 said in his post there is something going on and I am sure that Fengtao and his team will find it soon.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I think what he is trying to say is that by the time they get it fixed, he will not be able to use his free trial of the 2D-3D module.

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      Hi jamesr88
                      You did not waste your money, as my friend IPopov50 said in his post there is something going on and I am sure that Fengtao and his team will find it soon.
                      CBR929
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy, that's a good point. I think trial for this module should be extended... but that's just me thinking

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                        I think what he is trying to say is that by the time they get it fixed, he will not be able to use his free trial of the 2D-3D module.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X