new Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new Computer

I'm getting a new computer. What is the best & least expencive one to shrink bd rays without putting alot of ware on the unit. Laptop or desktop. is fine. Any onfo will be helpful. Roger

Comment

Please take a look at link provided by bmiller above, also you can search this forum - there's plenty discussion in this regard.
      I personally have both desktop and off-shelf Sony VAIO laptop. I feel blessed and pleased with performance of both machines.
      BTW, this Sony unit was the last item I have ever purchased with Sony name on it. After they introduced Cinavia I like them less and less... but this is IMHO
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

New computer 1

Sorry for the way I tried to explain my last post. I'm not computer savy. I need to buy a new computer that I can hook up & use out of the box. I need one from a big box store.. What would be the best store bought computer for copying Bd ray movies. Thank you.

Comment

Two threads on same subject merged.

Thread moved to General Questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger72714 View Post
            Sorry for the way I tried to explain my last post. I'm not computer savy. I need to buy a new computer that I can hook up & use out of the box. I need one from a big box store.. What would be the best store bought computer for copying Bd ray movies. Thank you.
            Probably Best Buy... Costco surprising with good deals now and then... Anyway, look for good CPU and nVidia CUDA enabled videocard. And of course, BD drive is a must.
            As I mentioned above, I've got my VAIO in Best Buy, and it's great machine with i7 chip, nVidia CUDA card, and BD drive... that was laptop
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger72714 View Post
              Where are you located? Do you have a frys? What's your budget?
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
              X