This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key trial period expired

Recently I decided to try my hand at backing up blu rays so I bought a burner. When I looked at the list of available programs on my GUI I find the trial period for blu ray option has expired even though I could not have possibly used it. Is that normal?

Originally posted by ram1009 View Post
    Recently I decided to try my hand at backing up blu rays so I bought a burner. When I looked at the list of available programs on my GUI I find the trial period for blu ray option has expired even though I could not have possibly used it. Is that normal?
    Even if you did not use it if you opened it that started the clock ticking.
    If that happened over 30 days ago then yes it is normal.

More information is needed if that is not the case.

Comment

In addition to Grunun's comment.
      Even situation he were described most likely is the case, there were couple of instances (it's all depends how your machine is setup), this situation occurred when application was installed "as Administrator", but were ran by double-click. Please try to install as administrator and run application as administrator...
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I'm the sole user of the machine. I don't remember opening the program but I might have just to see what options were available. IMHO it's very inconsiderate to start the clock running for that especially if they don't tell you. It leaves me with a bad impression of the author.

Comment

Well, I remember you asking this about Das Boot on 11 February

"Anybody else having problems backing this up? "

Maybe this leaves us with a bad impression about you telling untruths!!

Your stories do not gel!!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Well, I remember you asking this about Das Boot on 11 February

"Anybody else having problems backing this up? "

Maybe this leaves us with a bad impression about you telling untruths!!

Your stories do not gel!!
            Please explain your convoluted "logic".

Comment

OK, I'll explain my UNCONVOLUTED logic.

This is what you stated in your most recent post that you haven't used the program and couldn't remember using it and castigating the developer !!!

Originally posted by ram1009 View Post
              I'm the sole user of the machine. I don't remember opening the program but I might have just to see what options were available. IMHO it's very inconsiderate to start the clock running for that especially if they don't tell you. It leaves me with a bad impression of the author.
              Yet on the 11th of Feb, you were asking if anyone had any problem copying a particular disk.

Methinks perhaps Alzheimers or plain untruths are in play here and it leaves me with a bad impression.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                OK, I'll explain my UNCONVOLUTED logic.

This is what you stated in your most recent post that you haven't used the program and couldn't remember using it and castigating the developer !!!

Yet on the 11th of Feb, you were asking if anyone had any problem copying a particular disk.

Methinks perhaps Alzheimers or plain untruths are in play here and it leaves me with a bad impression.
                One of us is not paying attention. If you read my initial post you'll find that I was talking about backing up blu rays for the first time. Not that it matters. Grunon described a program behavior that I think is inappropriate for anyone any time. It's entirely possible I casually opened the blu ray copy section of the program when it first became available just to see what was there. None of this makes me a liar. I think you need to get your facts straight before calling names.

Comment

I will have no more of this, enough is enough.
                  If you had the trial and it expired, it is expired.
                  You have 30 days to explore all functions of the software and after that any options that you have opened started the clock ticking.

CBR929

@ ram1009 if you would like to contact a member of DVD Fab about this, use the contact us link at the bottom of every page.
                  Last edited by CBR929; 06-12-2011, 01:04 AM.
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X