50 gig disc to 25 gig movie only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 gig disc to 25 gig movie only

I can not get DVD FAB to make a 50 gig disc to 25 gig re movie only. It will analyse the disc and will start transferring a couple of meg but that it just stalls and sits there. I am using a trial version and wanted to see how it works. I have had not problems when the movie is less than 25 gig so does not need to be shrunk to fit but no luck when it needs to be shrunk. I am using the new version 8.1.0.0. Running Win7 and Nvidia card with new drivers. Hope you can help.
    Last edited by justphil; 06-22-2011, 04:47 AM.

Hi justphil
    Are you ripping to your HDD first and then compressing, or ripping and compressing from your drive???

If the later please do not compress from your drive
    First save it to your HDD as BD50 without compression.
    Then open the hard drive folder and use "Movie Only" mode select BD25 to compress to another folder on your hard drive.
    Use the "Write Data" mode of Fab to open this COMPRESSED folder and burn to a disk.
    Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.

CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

tried both ways

I have tried both ways but still no success.

Comment

Hi justphil
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Also try turning all the encoding/decoding settings to "Software".
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Still no success

Still no success even with turning software only on. Stranger still is that I found the version before on the net and installed on computer and it works fine when I shrink blu-ray discs.
            Attached is log for 2 trials normal one and one with software only. On both times it just stalls and sits there. With using previous version it started immediately without any problems at all.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working now

I just did a re install on my computer and DVD FAB now working. I dont know what I have done differently but I not complaining. I am amazed how quickly it compresses and great quality.

Comment

Working...
              X