This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression problems

Hope this is in the correct forum, if not please forgive me. I would just like to know how did you burn star trek to single layer disck with imgburn? I only copied main movie and it says file to large needs double layer disk. do i need to change a setting for this, if so, which ones?

Never done it with imgbrn. But have you tried it in dvdfab. Just select dvd5 rather than dvd9. It will show you the compression right there.

Comment

sorry to sound dumb, but are you saying since i have already downloaded the file to HDD, just select vob file and change to dvd5 and put in single layer and should be fine?

Comment

What do you mean donwloaded?

Comment

i have backed it up using dvdfab already to hard drive

Comment

Okay got it sorry. No with Dvdfab You need to redo the movie over again to your hdd. Did you use main movie or full disc? when you decrypted before.

Comment

i used main movie? does it matter because i have another movie done full movie and just got the same message needs dl disk

Comment

You get the message because the full disc or main movie file you want to burn was not compressed to fit on a single layer disc (4.7gig) It needs a dual layer (d/l). Your file size must be larger than 4.7gigs. I recomend redoing the movie again with dvdfab but at the bottom just select dvd5.

Comment

ok thanks for the help

Comment

No problem. Glad to help.

Comment

ok i just loaded the wob file to see if i could back up from the hdd, but the setting is already on dvd5. and the file size is 4820 or 4.8 right

Comment

Originally posted by pomonalover View Post
                        i used main movie? does it matter because i have another movie done full movie and just got the same message needs dl disk
                        Are you using the bought or free version of DVDFab ?

With the bought version you can compress it to fit a single layer disc, with the free version you can not.

You can use DvdShrink with the free version to get it to the single layer size.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
                        Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

right. How many sound tracks do you have? on the right. If more then one uncheck some and see iof you can make file size 4.7 or less

Comment

Thanks for helping Mr. Bean. Hope I haven't mislead this member.

Comment

i have the lifetime version

Comment

Working...
                              X