Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem enabling Intel Quick Sync

Hello,

I'm having problem to enable intel quick sync with the latest DVDfab. As I tried to select Intel Quick Sync from the Setting... General ... A/V Codec it prompted me that Intel Quick Sync H.264 encoder couldn't be supported by your graphics card. My laptop is equipped with i7-2820QM CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M. Is it a supported platform for Intel quick sync?

Thanks!

Do you have VIRTU installed?

Which chipset is in the laptop?

Unless it's Z68, which I doubt, the Intel graphics need to be active along with the NVidia and LucidLogix VIRTU installed, for Quick Sync to work.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-29-2011, 02:04 AM. Reason: merge 2 posts

Comment

1. Please update your driver first and try again:

2. If still have problem, your CUP maybe don't support NVIDIA graphics card, please set Independent graphics card to Integrated graphics card in bios. In fact, we have many CUP which support intel quick sync, but only one support Independent graphics card. This is new for intel, and they are working on this.

GL
      Potti

Comment

Thanks all for your reply! I'm not sure if I understand it... from the information I have read so far the requirement of using intel quick sync is the 2nd generation of intel cpu and I don't think my laptop has an integrated intel graphic card installed. it's a sony vpcf217hg.

Thanks again!

Comment

Interestingly enough this is possible if your laptop has switchable graphics. Some laptops have this to save power with the integrated graphics, then extra performance when they need it.

I don't think your laptop has this though.

Comment

Working...
          X