QT Versions issue...sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QT Versions issue...sort of

Ever since the last 4 or 5 QT versions have come out I have run into a similar problem each time. It was several versions back that I could not back up anything...someone kindly said to re-set the DMA which solved the problem on that version. So next QT came out...same issue would not scan a movie at all, tried several different ones. I re-set DMA and it then worked fine...fast forward to all the versions since and each time I have to re-set the DMA to make it work properly....also after each movie I have to re-set the DMA too so the next movie works. Everything I have tried works perfectly after resetting DMA.

My question/comment is this a common thing or something wrong with doing that each time and also does that ever effect anything by always resetting the DMA i.e. will it cause issues if you keep doing that?

Anyone else having to re-set DMA that many times since QT came out?

Thanks

Windows XP?

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
      Windows XP?
      He posted this about a month ago......

" I run Windows 7...updated from XP system...."

Comment

Hi kshduckman1170
        The only thing I can think of is that you are receiving CRC errors, which is read error when you are copying or reading a disc.
        After 6 CRC errors your drive will go into PIO mode
        A SATA drive is not suppose to go into PIO mode, but I guess stranger things have happened.
        You can check your drives mode by going into device manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers click IDE controllers advanced settings and check for DMA, if they are IDE, but make sure you check both of your IDE channels.
        For Sata in the same folder IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers Serial ATA controllers click the port that has your drive on it, and also check your DMA status.

Make sure they are set to use DMA mode.
        Hope this helps
        CBR929

EDIT: Consider getting a lens cleaner and try cleaning the drives lens.
        Last edited by CBR929; 07-04-2011, 04:10 AM. Reason: EDIT
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yes running Windows 7...XP.

I will try waht you said CBR....

But I guess I was just wondering if there will be any future issues if I have to continue to do this. I mean it works fine which is better then it has been in the past but hopefully it won't do anything weird to the system by having to do that a lot...know what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
            Yes running Windows 7...XP.

I will try waht you said CBR....

But I guess I was just wondering if there will be any future issues if I have to continue to do this. I mean it works fine which is better then it has been in the past but hopefully it won't do anything weird to the system by having to do that a lot...know what I mean
            Hi kshduckman1170
            I understand what you are saying and it should not hurt anything.
            Hopefully cleaning the drives laser will help.
            Do you get read errors all the time?

CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
            X