Queuing multiple titles for rip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queuing multiple titles for rip?

Hello all. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to "que up" multiple titles from one DVD? Here is what I mean...

I own a lot of TV series on DVD. Each DVD contains multiple episodes. Currently, I use the Main Movie function of DVDFab to rip each individual episode. This is very time consuming because I have to sit through the ripping process for each title, just so I can move on to the next title and so forth.

I would like to be able to select all of the titles INDIVIDUALLY at once, then initiate the rip process. Is this possible? Basically, I want to be able to walk away while DVDFab does its thing.

Hi snakeboots
    I am not sure if this is what you are asking but, use the Customize Mode which will allow you to choose multiple titles, and if worried about compression choose the DVD9 option on the bottom of the screen.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

You should detail more about what and why you are doing what you are doing so that you might get better suggestions.

DVDFab Copy does not have a task queue but DVDFab Ripper does. You might also consider the command line interface for DVDFab Copy if you are handy with batch file creation.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        Hi snakeboots
        I am not sure if this is what you are asking but, use the Customize Mode which will allow you to choose multiple titles, and if worried about compression choose the DVD9 option on the bottom of the screen.
        Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Hi CBR.
        Thanks for the response, and I apologize for not being clearer in what I want to do. Perhaps an example would help:

I own a lot of TV series on DVD. Lets use Frasier Season One on DVD for this example. Each DVD has 6 episodes. I would like to be able pop in the DVD, select each episode, give each episode a different file name, and then initiate the rip having DVDFab create a separate file for each. The end result would be that I have 6 different files....each an episode that came off of the same DVD.

Having separate files is the most important part for me, and here's why: I rip all of my media to HDD as .iso files, which I then stream to a Network Media Tank (NMT) . The NMT goes out to several online sources (IMDB.com, theTVDB.com, themoviedb.org, etc) to retrieve metadata (Poster Art, Episode description, Cast, Air Date, etc.) about the episode/movie. It does this based on the file name...in the example above I would name the episodes Frasier S01E01, which means Season 1/Episode 1. The next episode would be Frasier S01E02, the next Frasier S01E03, and so on. If I were to have only 1 file I wouldn't be able to get the metadata for each episode because the NMT wouldn't know what to look for. I hope this makes sense

Currently, I am using the "Main Movie" function to do this. This is very time consuming as I have to select one episode, give it a file name, save the file name, hit Next, hit Start, wait for the rip to complete, hit Finish, hit Back, select the next episode, give it a file name, save the file name, hit Next, hit Start, wait for the rip to complete, hit Finish, hit Back, select the next episode....and so on, and so on, and so on.

Now back to my original question about "queuing" up the episodes...

Am I asking for too much?

Comment

The command line option is the only thing that will save you time with a destination file of ISO.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
            The command line option is the only thing that will save you time with a destination file of ISO.
            Hi Complication. Thanks for the reply. So, by "command line option" I'm assuming you mean that I would need to write a script that would force the software to do what I'm asking? I wouldn't even know where to start...I guess I'll just keep doing it the way I've been.

What's funny though is that DVDFab seems to already have the ability to put titles in a "que". Doesn't the Merge function do just that? It allows you to select multiple titles, which the software will then "hold" and process in your pre-determined order. Seems like the hard part is already done. The only thing I'm asking for is the ability to name and burn as separate files.

Anyway, thanks for the help. And if anyone from the DVDFab Development Team is reading this, I would think that this would be a good functionality to have.

Thanks again.

Comment

Nope, the queue becomes active using DVD Ripper which would be a far more efficient way to store your content anyhow.

I can process multiple titles overnight using the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile or other profiles.

You should honestly look at this option also.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

PS: Have a read of my "Best Practice" thread. The link is in my signature below and all is outlined there!
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X