Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Bare Minimum Hard Drive Requiremts

Hi,

Does anyone know the bare minimum hard drive size required to install the complete DVDFab software package?

I know that 20/50/100GB is listed in the product specification pages, but that is taking into account the target file space as well as the temp files, etc....

As I set up my computer very carefully and try to keep it clean, I would like to do a reinstall on an SSD. If all my current software will allow me to purchase a smaller drive, I would want to stick the savings towards a second SSD to run in RAID1.

So, to my original question, the DVDFab 'PROGRAM' files, how much hard drive room do they require?

Unless you have a really good stopwatch, buy a single bigger SSD.

Comment

I keep an install on a thumb drive and it takes about 60MB, really small, but on an HDD probably would be a little bit bigger, it puts stuff in the prefetch folder and whatnot, but not a lot. Of course temp folder files will blow it up very quickly, the whole rip goes there waiting to be burned. Could be up to 8.5 gigabytes.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Or 50Gb if doing a Blu-Ray
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Or 50Gb if doing a Blu-Ray

Yeah I forgot people actually do that
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X