Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to set precise default settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to set precise default settings?

I'm currently ripping all my Simpsons dvd's, and as you know there are hundreds of episodes. For every title/episode I have to do this exact routine;

Change avi.h264(2gb-) to avi.h264
    Change the file name to season/episode number
    Change the resolution from xxx.xxx to 640 x 480
    Change 1 pass to 2 pass
    Click target size
    Type 175mb
    Click deinterlace
    Click ok
    Repeat

As you can see, it's an absolute nightmare and it's giving me a headache, is there anyway i can set it to do all that as default so all I have to do is click the title? I don't care about the renaming I can do that after it's been ripped, I just have to many to do and it's killing me.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Akzz1 View Post
    Click deinterlace
    ________
    Click ok
    Repeat
    Before click OK, click "Set as default" in right top corner. Next time when you load your content, your default settings will pre-load automatically. I hope this will help you get what you want.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

IPopov, thanks for the response. Unfortunately all that does is change the profile to "generic default" and resets all the settings. Any other ideas?

Comment

Bummer!

A new profile editor is currently being worked on by the dev team in Beijing. No word on a release date...at least not to my ears.
        Honestly, I believe it will be soon.

This has happened to me too.

Use a text editor... MS notepad is fine.
        Create your new profile and drag it into Program files > DVDFab (version of your choice) > Profiles.

The caveat here is that if you update this version, your profile probably will not be saved.
        No big deal....just install whichever version (selected for your conversions) into a distinct and separate folder before adding your selected profile.
        I've done this with 6218 and 8082. They remain static in my system, which is ok since the files being converted have already been decrypted.

When locating this profile in "Programs", I also chose to replace the avi.h264 name with something I could identify easily such as:
        samsung.h264

All this is a PITA, but at least your version and profile will be saved.
        Been there doing TV series...it gets old fast.

Hope this helps.
        Last edited by maineman; 07-21-2011, 12:16 PM.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

For sake of the experiment I customized profile to exact same parameters provided by OP, and Fab saved it as a default, except 2-pass. It switches back to 1-pass when I re-open it. Otherwise it works... I tried it with 8.1.0.6QT Beta
          Last edited by IPopov50; 07-21-2011, 07:58 PM.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
            For sake of the experiment I customized profile to exact same parameters provided by OP, and Fab saved it as a default, except 2-pass. It switches back to 1-pass when I re-open it. Otherwise it works... I tried it with 8.1.0.6QT Beta
            Well hello from the balmy south my good friend Ipopov !!!
            (Yes, we are finally settling in to our retirement home in SC...).

Appreciate your post, perhaps it is fixed now.
            I'll kick the tires and take 8106QT for a spin...
            Personally, I use 1 pass on all my standard dvd conversions anyway, whereas BD files I simply archive straight to hdd...no conversions.

Again, appreciate your always sound advice and suggestions
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Sorry guys I've been busy the last few days. I opened up the profile I've been using and had a look at it, silently wishing it would be semi-straightforward but to no avail, I can understand bits and pieces of it but no doubt if I started editing I would mess something up. A custom profile maker would be great and help so many people, however I need to throw all my DVD's onto my laptop in the next 10 days or so as I'm leaving the country for a while, so waiting around for an editor isn't an option right now.

I think I've got no option but to endure the wrist cramp and mind-numbing boredom for a few days.. con-darn-it! Oh well, thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
              X