This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider man 3

Firstly I would like to say sorry if this is in the wrong area.
    Im trying to rip a version of spiderman 3 I puchased yesterday, and all I find is that it wont open the dvd source.
    It says error in reading, and then option to ignore or abort.
    Is there a setting that I've not ticked or something that I'm neglecting?
    Thanks to all who might be able to help.

What version of dvd fab are you using?

Comment

version 6.1.2.5

Comment

Okay sounds dumb but is this a brand new dvd? Or is it used? Also is this dvd clean. Check track side for thumb prints. This is an old title.

Comment

Not a dumb question mate.
          As stated in first post only bought it yesterday fo cheap and I'm always carefull not to touch the disc.
          Also I have a paid life time version of dvd fab, but its curious that it shows me an expiry date of dec when looking at it, but registry key is in it.
          Don't know if thats the problem but I'm ripping other film as we speak, in fact I've ripped some 200 films in the last week of my collection with not one problem as yet.

Comment

Well it can't be your hardware. Maybe it is not thre disc. Try this url. This takes you to a web site where you can ask for a new serial.

Comment

I suspect that is the new form of protection as found on Star Trek & Transformers 2.

Update to 6.2.0.5 and make sure that Pathplayer is always enabled.

Or else it could be a bad pressing.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It seems Im a little unclear on a few details.
                When you say new form of protection like star trek, does that mean it will not be able to crack these titles.
                I hope that buying the lifetime option was not a dudd buy.

Comment

Originally posted by northan View Post
                  It seems Im a little unclear on a few details.
                  When you say new form of protection like star trek, does that mean it will not be able to crack these titles.
                  I hope that buying the lifetime option was not a dudd buy.
                  No, no dudd buy. With new copy protections, there's sometimes a lag of a couple of days or so for Fengtao to decrypt it.

Since you just bought it, I think Gregiboy suspects that this may be a new press with newer copy protections such as we've seen with a few recent releases such as: Tranformers 2, Star Trek, Gi Joe and Up.
                  BTW, these have all been decrypted successfully...thanks to the F-man.
                  Last edited by maineman; 11-21-2009, 07:32 PM.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I forgot to add, you may to run through this short list of "lead suspects":

Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

In short after doing as suggested it now works.
                      So I would like to thank gregiboy for know how, and maineman for calming down my wobbley.

Comment

Originally posted by northan View Post
                        In short after doing as suggested it now works.
                        So I would like to thank gregiboy for know how, and maineman for calming down my wobbley.
                        Glad to hear you're up and running smoothly and...
                        your wobbley has been calmed...

Comment

Working...
                        X