Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD to DVD option is expired - VSO Engine exists when unchecked during installation

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to DVD option is expired - VSO Engine exists when unchecked during installation

Hi,

I have been using the FREE edition of DVDFab for a few months, updating whenever a new version was made available. Recently, I updated to the 6.2.5.0 version.

Due to an O/S problem, I uninstalled 6.2.5.0, scrubbed the Registry from all DVDFab-related references, and reinstalled 6.2.5.0 again.

During the installation process, I unchecked the VSO and Start Shortcut options - in short, the only option checked was Create Desktop Icon. When I opened Common Settings, and looked under the DVD / Blu-ray | Write option, I discovered that all of the Burning Engine options VSO existed. I do not understand why, because I deleted all the DVDFab folders that existed on my HDD prior to reinstalling the software. These folders included all user folders that are created in, for example, the C:\Documents and Settings\UserID\Application Data\DVDFab directory. In short, as mentioned previously, ALL traces of DVDFab were removed from my PC prior to reinstalling the software.

I am confused about why DVDFab installed an option that I specifically UNCHECKED. This may have something to do with my problem, but I do not know. Similarly, after scanning my first DVD, a pop-up window opens stating - You are going to try "DVD to DVD option, with an option "Do not show again" which I check and click OK.

When I backup my DVDs, I use DVDFab HD Decrypter . . . http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm . . . to decrypt them to DVD5. After closing DVDFab HD Decrypter, I open Nero 7 Ultimate Edition and using Nero RECODE to burn the DVDFab HD Decrypted files to 4.7GB DVD-R discs. This process has worked flawlessly for months, until yesterday when I uninstalled and reinstalled DVDFab HD Decrypter 6.2.5.0

The problem is described simply, after decrypting one (1) DVD at DVD5, I cannot decrypt any other DVDs at DVD5 because an ERROR MESSAGE pops up stating - The "DVD to DVD" option is expired

First, I do not want to use the VSO Burning Engine (or Nero Burning ROM, or ImgBurn) when I decrypted my DVDs. As I said, I close DVDFab HD Decrypter and then open Nero RECODE to create DVD-R backup discs.

In addition, after reinstalling DVDFab HD Decrypter 6.2.5.0, under Common Settings | DVD to DVD, when I select DVD5 and DVD Folder, close and re-open 6.2.5.0, my DVD5 choice has returned to DVD9. I'm not using 8.5GB DVD-R discs, I am using 4.7GB DVD-R discs - therefore, I want the default output to remain at DVD5.

I thought that DVDFab HD Decrypter 6.2.5.0 was supposed to be free, but now I believe it is FORCING ME to upgrade to the PAID VERSION.

Why does VSO install when I unchecked the option during the installation process?

Am I missing something here? Is there a setting that needs to be tweaked to avoid - The "DVD to DVD" option is expired - error?

Thanks in advance,

CurlySue
    Last edited by CurlySue; 11-21-2009, 09:54 PM.

The free version will not do any compression, and is supposed to decrypt to your HDD only, not to DVD's. Yes, the DVD too DVD trial should have expired.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      The free version will not do any compression, and is supposed to decrypt to your HDD only, not to DVD's. Yes, the DVD too DVD trial should have expired.
      Interesting - for months, prior to 6.2.5.0, DVDFab HD Decrypter has been compressing my DVD decryptions. For months!

I am NOT asking it to decrypt to DVD - I do NOT understand why it persists in defaulting to this option, as well. I ONLY WANT decryption to HDD!

I guess comprehension is limited here, and I could have been more precise, but, upon reviewing my initial post, I believe that I was crystal clear regarding my issues.

CS
      Last edited by CurlySue; 11-22-2009, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Well, comprehension is limited because very few, if any, of the subscribers here are running the FREE version and cannot actually see what the FREE version presents to the user.

You will just have to wait until someone else with short arms and long pockets comes along, sees your post and feels like assisting you.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I do not know what you have been seeing for months but the free version has NEVER compressed the movie.

There are many movies that do not require compression. This may have you thinking they have been compressed.

And no you were not crystal clear and sarcasm will not make you any friends here and will limit the response you get.

Comment

Originally posted by CurlySue View Post
            Interesting - for months, prior to 6.2.5.0, DVDFab HD Decrypter has been compressing my DVD decryptions. For months!

I am NOT asking it to decrypt to DVD - I do NOT understand why it persists in defaulting to this option
            The explanation is quite simple. The rules governing what features are enabled in the free version have changed -- read this post. You are given complete access to the full feature set for the first 30 days for evaluation. Afterwards the feature set is greatly curtailed for the free version. This includes only ripping at 100% size (no compression, aka DVD-9) and, more importantly, not getting the latest protection cracks with the latest downloads.

If you have been using DVDFab for months, then it is obvious that you find value in using the product. It should also be clear to you that the free version will no longer perform the tasks you want. So perhaps you should consider paying for the value you are receiving. The price of the software is relatively small for what it does and the support you get on a continuing basis.

As an aside: deleting all program folders and clearing all the registry keys that have DVDFab in them won't eliminate the expiration counter. If you are dead set against paying for the value you are getting and want to keep using the features you want for free, you just need to reinstall your OS every 30 days.
            Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

Also when you removed DVDFab from your computer it does not remove the VSO burn engine you have to do that manually as well. Another thing even if you select not to install it still installs the VSO as I never install it but I still find it in the registry

Comment

Working...
              X