This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playing a movie

I have just downloaded DVDFab and burned a movie to an external 1 TB hard drive. It seemed to be successful. I have tried to go to the hard drive to "play" the move, but only find a video and audio file. What did I do wrong and how do I play the movie?

Nothing wrong.
    The audio file is empty and the audio is really in the video file.
    Play with windows media player or VLC.

VLC is a good choice and is free just download and install.

Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2009, 06:13 PM.

Comment

i have gone into Media Player but can't find it under the Library. i truly am an idiot when it comes to this stuff. trying to learn however.

Comment

It won't be in your WMP library automatically.

As said, download and use VLC and then you just play from the folder that you ripped to.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

will do. thanks.

Comment

If you right click on the video folder and use the Play With option.

Comment

Originally posted by msganderson View Post
              I have just downloaded DVDFab and burned a movie to an external 1 TB hard drive. It seemed to be successful. I have tried to go to the hard drive to "play" the move, but only find a video and audio file. What did I do wrong and how do I play the movie?
              To play the movie using WMP you need to open the TS folder and then select the first IFO file to play the movie. There is a registery edit for Vista so you can use Media center to watch those files and just so you know Windows 7 can play them once you set up media center to watch the folders where they are saved

Comment

I prefer VLC. Navigate to the top level folder eg: Star Trek, right click, play with VLC.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Using windows 7 and Media Center plays all TS rips no problems and can stream to Xbox 360 as well but VLC is the most recommended player that plays almost all formats available

Comment

The big advantage that I find with VLC that there is no need to install additional codecs, etc which can be daunting for inexperienced users and as you say, AGJ, it plays nearly everything.

Comment

Well said. VLC is aces in my book too. Media Player Classic Home Cinema Edition is more flexible but has a steeper learning curve. It requires at least two codec packs and proper configuration to use them. VLC is all self contained and will play all the popular formats quite well, H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2, not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X