This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob question about quality rips.

I am looking for the best format for my rips. I dont care about size and I am getting the whole DVD. I have a server that I stream all of my rips from. I am processing them on a i7 Quad core so speed is not an issue. I want the closest I can possibly get to DVD to stream from server to xbox360 to HDTV.

I am messing with some of the settings and have not had much success. I would love to hear your recommendations.

It seems that when I use the AppleTV default it is grainy and when I go fullsreen it just doesnt look very good.

Thanks for ANY help you can give me
    Last edited by suspend; 11-23-2009, 01:36 AM.

I'm not too sure what the XBox will play but here's where I would start.

Use the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile. This retains the original Dolby 5.1 sound track. Set your resolution to 720 (PAL) or 704 (NTSC) width. This is usually the original resolution which DVD's are encoded at.

Set the video bitrate to 1100. This is a good start point but for movies with fast action or high contrast you may have to raise this.

Use 2-Pass encoding. Bit longer but I feel the extra quality is worth it.

Try that one out and if that works, try the generic.avi.H264.audiocopy profile with parameters as above.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
    X