Media player preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Media player preference

What media player do you guys use to play movies on your computer? Just out of curiosity really. I've never needed anything more than Windows Media Player but that's probably because I'm just not familiar with the possible replacements.

On a side note, does Windows Media Player do blu-ray?

I dont believe windows media player does blurays otherwise they would have a monopoly over the market making it impossible for all other bluray player company's to market there product.
    I use TMT5 on my system as my player of choice for blurays, the computer came preinstalled with Roxio BD which was deleted not long after buying this system since everytime i opened Roxio the computer would freeze and doing a clean install and excluding the program files had no effect so imo roxio is rubbish, TMT5 is great.

Comment

Originally posted by nickf77 View Post
      What media player do you guys use to play movies on your computer? Just out of curiosity really. I've never needed anything more than Windows Media Player but that's probably because I'm just not familiar with the possible replacements.
      Media Player Classic
      MPC-HC, the free, open source media player for Windows

and

VLC

Both freeware and both excellent players.
      And yes, you can install both without problems
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
      X