What does QT mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does QT mean?

When upgrading DVDFab I find the download ends in QT whereas my original program does not. How can I install over the top of previous versions? It seems I now have 2 installs.
    Regards
    DVDFab 9 on Win 7 i5 HTPC

Originally posted by bigpallooka View Post
    When upgrading DVDFab I find the download ends in QT whereas my original program does not. How can I install over the top of previous versions? It seems I now have 2 installs.
    Regards
    FYI:

The QT versions are designed to install in a separate and independent folder as with all major releases,
    ie., Fab 2.xxx, Fab3.xxx and so on.
    So any QT version will overwrite any preceeding QT version, but not overwrite non-QT versions

I would advise keeping the older 8.xxx (non-QT) versions until all the bugs in the new QT versions have been "eradicated"
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks. Often when you do a forum search (as I did here) the search results are nil because of the common words used in the search string. It's hard to ask when you don't know the question
      DVDFab 9 on Win 7 i5 HTPC

Comment

Originally posted by bigpallooka View Post
        Thanks. Often when you do a forum search (as I did here) the search results are nil because of the common words used in the search string. It's hard to ask when you don't know the question
        You're very welcome.
        Yup, while the search function is generally helpful, it can be a real PITA
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
        X