X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region popup window ...

Hi there !

It looks like the latest version of DVDFab, it asks for the region of the inserted DVD.
    Is it new ?
    What is it intented for, and what is the impact if I choose a wrong region (US instead of Europe, for example ...)

?

Many thanks !

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    Hi there !

It looks like the latest version of DVDFab, it asks for the region of the inserted DVD.
    Is it new ?
    What is it intented for, and what is the impact if I choose a wrong region (US instead of Europe, for example ...)

?

Many thanks !
    It usally ask that when you first install the product. This is so it will know what region you need.
    You should check you region and then turn it off so it don't keep popping up.
    If you choose the wrong region it may not play for you.
    "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
      Hi there !

Is it new ?

?

Many thanks !
      Mine does that too, though it is preselected to the correct region, 4 for me.

Comment

I remember in the past DVD tools also asking for that kind of question about the region ... but it was said at that tinme that the DVD reader or soft (?) was supposed to only work with the 2 first selections you made.

For example the first time you answer "region1", then the second time you answer "region2" .... that would mean that you could never use anymore other regions than 1 or 2, because the DVD was "locked" on region 1 or 2 only.

Is it the same story here ?

Comment

no because DVDFab just wants to know what region the dvd is from so it can remove the RCE protection.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            no because DVDFab just wants to know what region the dvd is from so it can remove the RCE protection.
            I was hoping that was the case.

Comment

Working...
            X