Apple TV Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple TV Profile

I'm trying to figure out how to encode movies from DVD's to watch on an AppleTV. I've been using DVDFab for quite some time and was encoding them with the audio choice of 448kps and Multichannel 5.1, when the matching DVD offered that. But I've been doing some research because the audio isn't matching up to the video with more recent updates and the 5.1 multichannel option disappeared on the AppleTV profile, and I keep reading that the AppleTV can only use 160kps. I'm having trouble making sense of this because I can play all the movies I've already converted. Did DVDFab downgrade the audio to 160kps or am I missing something?

I'm really trying to figure out whether to keep trying to use the multichannel audio from a different source, say the iPad converter option, or do I just use the Dolby Prologic II setting available on the AppleTV profile?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi HartS2k,

the 5.1 multichannel option disappeared on the AppleTV profile
    This is a known problem, our devs are working on it and will fix as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience this Apple TV ripping has caused you.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny

Comment

Working...
    X