This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Full-disc" vs Clone

I have a registered copy of DVD to DVD - I can't find the difference between a "Full disk" copy process and "Clone". They seem the same to me...

Originally posted by dloose View Post
    I have a registered copy of DVD to DVD - I can't find the difference between a "Full disk" copy process and "Clone". They seem the same to me...
    Hi dloose and welcome,

Actually quite a few differences.
    Clone mode creates what are essentially 1:1 bit-bit copies.
    It always rips to .ISO and is never compressible.
    You have a small area of options where you can opt to copy or not, non-dvd content. You can also copy the original .IFO files.

Full Disc mode is much more configurable. You can alter play back order of various titles (PathPlayer must be enabled for advanced navigation features).
    This would allow you, for eg., to jump to the main title without having to navigate the menu, trailers, FBI warnings etc., as you would with the original disc.
    In addition, you can edit out PGC's such as FBI warnings. This meets with varying degrees of success.

You also have the option of compressing or not, ie., rip to a dvd 5 or dvd 9 size target.

There's probably more, but I'm still stuck at work and my employer actually expects me to work...go figure.
    Last edited by maineman; 11-25-2009, 01:40 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Just a point of clarification on this subject, please, for a relatively new DVDFab user: when using Clone mode, does the output file get stripped of all copy protection? I found some other posts that seemed to imply that the answer was 'yes' if the 'Copy original IFOs' box was left unchecked. I would just like to confirm whether or not this is the case.

Thank you.

Comment

Yes that is right
        Paid Not To Work
        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
        Proudly Served On
        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Thanks, Jimbo!

Comment

Originally posted by rschoonh View Post
            Thanks, Jimbo!
            You're welcome
            Paid Not To Work
            US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
            Proudly Served On
            USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
            6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
            X