8.1.1.9 Qt upgrade issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never had an issue, but with the latest upgrade everything installs fine but when I restart the program/Start DVD Fab I get the error message the program needs to shut down. The message window comes up and says 'DVDFAB has encountered and error and needs to shut down etc..."
    I restarted but to no avail not working.
    I have sent the error report as requested in that pop-up window. I am wondering if any others have had the same issue.

Thank you/

I am having the same issue on two windows xp sp3 machines

Comment

I had the same issue and on the advise of the experts here had to diable my Nielsen netscan and then everything worked perfectly
      windows xp sp3

Comment

Originally posted by svatch View Post
        Never had an issue, but with the latest upgrade everything installs fine but when I restart the program/Start DVD Fab I get the error message the program needs to shut down. The message window comes up and says 'DVDFAB has encountered and error and needs to shut down etc..."
        I restarted but to no avail not working.
        I have sent the error report as requested in that pop-up window. I am wondering if any others have had the same issue.

Thank you/
        I've never had an issue before either. I had the same issue on a Windows home xp with sp3. Installed and uninstalled 8119 Beta several times. Was never able to get it running for any length of time. Still haven't found a workaround yet.

Comment

Success! I went throw add and delete programs. I found three seperate installs for DVD Fab. A 7, 8 and 8QT. I deleted all three of these. Restarted my machine. Then downloaded and installed from desktop 8.1.1.9. It appears to be working will have Thor tomorrow to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by killerrob2000 View Post
            Success! I went throw add and delete programs. I found three seperate installs for DVD Fab. A 7, 8 and 8QT. I deleted all three of these. Restarted my machine. Then downloaded and installed from desktop 8.1.1.9. It appears to be working will have Thor tomorrow to test it.
            Killerrob.....this also worked for me (will test out Thor).....deleted all past versions still residing and started fresh. Thank you for posting a resolve!

Comment

Originally posted by killerrob2000 View Post
              Followed your recommendation last night (with some hesitation). I had DVDFab v. 5,6,7,& 8.1.1.2 on my machine. All worked flawlessly until Thor. I removed all, installed 8119 and VIOLA! Thor on the HD. When it didn't crash, I knew it had worked. Thanks killerrob.

Comment

Working...
              X