X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other PVR External HD Recordings Suggestion

Something for you folks think about.

I have had a few Bell satelitte PVRs & I use the attached (legal feature) of a 1.5Tb external hard drive (via USB cable) to be able to save more TV shows/movies, as the PVR has a fairlky low number of hours available to save them on.

Issue To Solve
    Twice now in the last 3 years the Bell PVR has "died" & I had to get a new one both times.
    In both situations, hundreds of hours of my saved external hard drive programs were lost, because the PVR locks the external hard drive to that PVR only. When the external hard drive is hooked up to the new (or any other) PVR, all the previously recorded material on the external hard drive is not available to be viewed with the new replacement/different PVR.
    Solution
    Make a simple user easy one click DVDFAB type software program for external HDs to be able to view the programs with the new replacement PVR.

When hooking an external HD that was used with a PVR, the saved files are not even able to be seen when hooked to a laptop or PC with via the USB cable.

Possible???

Regards,
    Doug
    Last edited by Dougofthenorth; 10-12-2011, 10:42 AM.

Time shifting (record so you can watch later) on a DVR is legal but that does not mean you get to keep those shows forever. If a show gets deleted before you had a chance to watch it because the DVR dies then you would need to record it again. Any other uses of the recorded content would likely be a violation of copyright.

What you are asking for is not only something DVDFab does not do but also violates the forum rules for discussion topics.

Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums

Comment

Working...
    X