Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid question re DVDFab & Passkey

This is a stupid question but I want to be sure before purchasing:

Is DVDFab enough if I just need to rip DVD's (many of them copy-protected) on to a hard drive? I don't need Passkey?

Originally posted by Makis View Post
    This is a stupid question but I want to be sure before purchasing:

Is DVDFab enough if I just need to rip DVD's (many of them copy-protected) on to a hard drive? I don't need Passkey?
    You do not need Passkey.
    It will not do anything that the main software is not already doing.

Comment

OK, thanks!

Comment

Another question:

I was just about to purchase the software but I noticed this option:

" Protect your shopping cart downloads with Download Insurance Service. For only 6.99 USD you will be able to download your files for 24 months, in case you need to reinstall the products. DVDFab DVD Copy"

Now if I order a lifetime version I would assume that I can then download the application whenever I for instance upgrade to a new PC. So that option made me wonder whether "lifetime" really means lifetime, or just "until you need to reinstall the product"?

Comment

It is a needless option.
          Lifetime is lifetime of the product. I purchased early in the Fab 2.xxx days (?2003) and have never spent another penny.

You don't even have to purchase the retail version to be able to download it. The app will simply default to the freeware version if your license has expired.

HTH
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yeah, I already used the trial version to rip probably 50-100 DVD's to my network drive. Those were the ones that Linux couldn't handle, and now I have a few more so it's time to buy this for real. I've already had my money's worth with the trial.

Comment

Working...
            X