Crashes when run from command line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashes when run from command line

I'm using the latest version of DVDfab (8.1.2.6) and am trying to get up and ruinning from the command line.

I managed to get a DOS Batch command to parse subfolders and call DVDFab automatically with variable settings. I say call because calling DVDFab worked from the command line but it crashes immediately as soon as the UI window appears. Entering the same settings as were called from the command line manually thrpough the GUI results in a perfect conversion.

I'm trying to do a DVD rip from a DVD previously copied to HDD.

I've already sent a crash log and message through the automatic error reporting tool.

DVDFab also doesn't react to being called "DVDFab.exe /?" as listed in the help. It just opens a regular DVDFab window.

I've been testing a bit more and it seems that if I don't call the program from a BATCH file but rather direct from the command line it doesn't crash at least.

It still just sits there and doesn't seem to have received ANY of the parameters because it doesn't show the right source, destination and most importantly, it doesn't RUN.

Comment

Never mind, i got it working.....

N00b here. Carry on, nothing to see.....

Comment

One thing still si wierd.

The tags for the AVI file produced are not set when converting from the command line. In Windows, AVIs created normally show Bit-rate, Width and so on when I simply select the files but the files created via command line don't.

Bug?

Comment

Hi diddleydoo,

DVDFab does not support to set Bit rate in command line. because of bit rate setting is in subpage.
          Just support set parameters in main page, e.g. remove HD, 2d to 3d etc.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X