Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does ImgBurn open when creating ISO files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does ImgBurn open when creating ISO files?

Hi...

I've been using dvdfab for a long time, but I've just recently begun copying my dvd/BD collection to harddrives (as ISO files) so I can play them on my mediaplayer.

The first 2 months everything worked like a charm.

Now, every time I want to make an ISO file of a disc, ImgBurn opens after DVDFab has done its work. ImgBurn then completes the job.

Upon searching for help to my problem I found this guide: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=549

This is exactly what I'm doing, so I don't understand what the problem is.

The files/movies work and are playable just as before. It's just a bit annoying that I can't leave the PC alone until completion. I have to check the PC to see if DVDFab is done, and inform ImgBurn to complete the process.

I don't think I've changed any setting, so I could really use some help here.

Hi kaizer
    What are you using for your burn engine?
    If using ImgBurn then ImgBurn will make the ISO.
    If you would like the VSO burn engine that is bundled with Fab to do this you would have to switch it in Fab settings.

Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > DVD/Blu-Ray >Write, at the top you have the burn engine selection.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post

Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > DVD/Blu-Ray >Write, at the top you have the burn engine selection.
      CBR929
      Thank you.

That worked. Why the settings changed, I don't know. The only thing "new" I've done, is burning BD ISO files from harddrive to disc with ImgBurn.

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      What are you using for your burn engine?
      When burning DVD/BD I always use ImgBurn.

When making ISO files to the harddrive I use DVDFab.

Comment

Hi kaizer
        As I said if ImgBurn is your burn engine Fab will use it to create your ISO, if using VSO Fab will use it.
        Glad it worked.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

is there any advantage in using imgburn over the vso engine that is bundled with dvdfab? i've been using dvdfab for a number of years and only recently started creating iso files for use with a media player and have not had any problems using the stock iso burning engine. i didn't even know imgburn was an option until i found this thread

Comment

Originally posted by alphabetagaga View Post
            is there any advantage in using imgburn over the vso engine that is bundled with dvdfab? i've been using dvdfab for a number of years and only recently started creating iso files for use with a media player and have not had any problems using the stock iso burning engine. i didn't even know imgburn was an option until i found this thread
            Hi alphabetagaga
            Some people use ImgBurn because they either have problems with the VSO burn engine, or out of preference like me.
            It is more configurable than the VSO.
            If you are not having any problems, as my friend Maineman says:
            If it ain't broke don't fix it.
            CBR929

Comment

Working...
            X