Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Fab and Windows 7 (64-bit) -- play nice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab and Windows 7 (64-bit) -- play nice?

I have been running DVD Fab for years on an old single core P4 Dell running Windows XP. I use DVD Copy and BD Copy to simply make full-disk folder rips for storage on my media server. I don't use any other modules; I don't recode to smaller size; I don't even make .iso files from within DVD Fab. I just do full-disk folder rips and for this task DVD Fab has always run without issue on this hardware/OS configuration.

I have just upgraded my main system to new Dell with i7 quad core and Win-7 (64-bit). I'm now faced with having to decide whether to migrate DVD Fab over to the new machine or just leave things as they are and continue to use DVD Fab on the old machine for all my ripping. I would like to migrate to the new machine for the increased speed but not if there are going to be issues.

So I ask the question, how does DVD Fab 8.1.2.6 get along with Win-7 (64-bit). For the simple tasks of full-disk folder ripping of DVD and BD, can I expect the same trouble-free performance I've been getting with Win-XP?

thanks in advance
    Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

It's always played nice for Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit so i would think so.
    "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

There's no reason to "migrate" as you can run Fab on both pc's according to Fab's EULA.
      Many of us do this.
      I have Fab installed on my old XP Pro rig and on my win7 64-bit rig...same license...no problems.

Go ahead an do a new install on your win7 rig.
      You can D/L your license from Fab's homepage...member site...and then activate the app
      And yes, it "plays nice" in the win7 64-bit environment

Just be certain that you don't run Fab simulataneously on both pc's while both pcs are connected to the internt.
      In this instance you would run the risk of having your license blacklisted.
      Last edited by maineman; 10-24-2011, 04:34 PM. Reason: Additional comment
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        And yes, it "plays nice" in the win7 64-bit environment
        Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

Comment

Just to follow up. I installed Fab 8.1.2.6 on my new Win-7 (64-bit) Dell shortly after maineman's post. I've since ripped 6-7 disks (DVD and BD, full-disk folder rips) and everything has worked perfectly. I am certainly enjoying the speed of a new machine.

Case closed.

Comment

Working...
          X