Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besr Blu-Ray Burning Drives for DVDFab Blu-ray Copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optical Drives Besr Blu-Ray Burning Drives for DVDFab Blu-ray Copy?

Hi all,

Great forum; so much good info.

I am just about to get into Blu-ray discs. My player (Panasonic DMP-BDT210) arrives today and I will be buying discs and will natually want to back them up. I currently use DVDFab DVD Copy and love how well it works, so of course, I would like to use DVDFab Blu-ray Copy to back up my Blu-Ray movies once I have some.

This will mean buying a Blu-Ray burner/writer for my Win 7 64 PC. I am looking for suggestions as to which burner to buy that will best avoid any compatibility issues or need for tweaking, so I can just use DVDFab and be able to play the backups without error on my player. I am also looking for tips on any burners to avoid.

Thanks in advance!

Look here;

Comment

Hi Emoto
      I think you will want to stay away from Lite-On, but I am not 100% sure.
      If you want to make a protected disc that contains Cinavia protection you are going to want a drive that supports binding nonce.
      Like I said I'm not sure, maybe some other members will give you some advice on Lite-On drives and Cinavia protection.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

LG works great for me

Hi Emoto
        Congrats on moving into the blu ray experience.
        I backup my BD's on an LG WH10LS30 with not a problem one. The only issues are when there is some general problem facing everyone and dvd fab gets on it rather quickly and solves.
        I Play my bd and dvd on a sony blu ray player and notta a problem. I also have win 7 64. I know that many prefer
        and like the pioneer players and they are a fine unit Im sure.
        You may be backing up your dvds using vso that comes with dvd fab and not imgburn. If so you should download imgburn (free) to your pc and then copy the bd to hdd with full disk at 50 gb and any change make such as copy main movie only or copy at 25 gb etc you can do when copying from hdd to bd. You will save your burner plus it goes faster and better for blu ray backup. Prior message had link as to downloading imgburn.
        I copy my bd with optical quantums and newegg has great deals for 25g less than $1 sometimes.
        Some smarter than me caution their use but have not had one single problem using them over a year now.
        Just a final thought. I am simply a long time user that likes dvd fab since the ice age. Most of my experience comes from reading the forum chat with contributors such as those that already responded to you..
        Good luck and enjoy your new blu ray experience
        Buster

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi Emoto
          I think you will want to stay away from Lite-On, but I am not 100% sure.
          If you want to make a protected disc that contains Cinavia protection you are going to want a drive that supports binding nonce.
          Like I said I'm not sure, maybe some other members will give you some advice on Lite-On drives and Cinavia protection.
          CBR929
          Thanks. I expect that I will end up backing up a disc with Cinavia once in a while. I will research "binding nonce". Is that an issue if I am making a 1:1 copy of a disc?

Comment

Originally posted by bustervegas View Post
            Hi Emoto
            Congrats on moving into the blu ray experience.
            I backup my BD's on an LG WH10LS30 with not a problem one. The only issues are when there is some general problem facing everyone and dvd fab gets on it rather quickly and solves.
            I Play my bd and dvd on a sony blu ray player and notta a problem. I also have win 7 64. I know that many prefer
            and like the pioneer players and they are a fine unit Im sure.
            You may be backing up your dvds using vso that comes with dvd fab and not imgburn. If so you should download imgburn (free) to your pc and then copy the bd to hdd with full disk at 50 gb and any change make such as copy main movie only or copy at 25 gb etc you can do when copying from hdd to bd. You will save your burner plus it goes faster and better for blu ray backup. Prior message had link as to downloading imgburn.
            I copy my bd with optical quantums and newegg has great deals for 25g less than $1 sometimes.
            Some smarter than me caution their use but have not had one single problem using them over a year now.
            Just a final thought. I am simply a long time user that likes dvd fab since the ice age. Most of my experience comes from reading the forum chat with contributors such as those that already responded to you..
            Good luck and enjoy your new blu ray experience
            Buster
            Buster, thanks for all the info! I follow everything except the part I put in bold. My intention is to back up (copy) my purchased Blu-ray discs in their entirety; I am not looking to re-author or take only a portion. In other words, I want to make an exact 1:1 copy from a commercially released Blu-Ray to a blank Blu-Ray. In that case, should I still be looking ionto imgburn? I would prefer to simply use DVDFab for the entire copy process if that is possible?

Comment

do only 25 g

Hi Emoto
              Your welcome.
              As an avid dvd fab user also I highly recommend imgburn especially for bd backup.
              Personally I do not do the entire bd disk because of the expense in the 50gb and many bd will fit main movie onto one 25 gb. with no loss of quality. If the bd main movie won't fit onto one then I split them to two 25's.
              So you will want some input from those that do the full bd on 50 gb.
              Either way I again strongly suggest using imgburn but if the vso works for you with bd backup then that may be the way for you to go. Just a reminder that in the drop down on write selection it allows for vso or imgburn in your dvd fab software.
              Because of wear and tear on your burner you still need to copy to hdd first then to disk which you apparently are doing now.
              Again good luck and have fun
              Buster

Comment

Sorry, Buster, I have no idea what vso or hdd are. Please pardon my ignorance and the basic nature of my questions.

I did not know that the main Blu-Ray movie fits on a 25 GB disc sometimes. That would certainly be something I would look at, to save $. In the regular (non blu-ray) DVDFab DVD copy, I can choose "main move" and leave all the other stuff behind if I like. I see that there is the same choice in Blu-Ray Copy (I still have trial User status on that, because I have never used it).

If I am understanding you correctly, are you suggesting that under the checkmark menu Common Settings dialog box for Blu-Ray Copy that I go to "write" and use the Burning Engine dropdown menu to select Imgburn? And you are saying that this would cut wear and tear on my optical drive and hard drive? Sorry to be so slow to grasp what you're saying...

Comment

HDD imgburn etc

Hi Emoto
                  Glad you emailed back. I should have seen you do not copy to your HDD (hard disk drive). Highly suggested for blu ray copy.
                  Yes some disks will copy main movie alone on a 25 gb disk. Strongly suggest you go to CBR 929 response earlier and go to his link of Imgburn and Fab working together.
                  All the knowlegeable people on site will probably recommend Imgurn rather than vso for blu ray copy. Yes you will save wear and tear on your burner by copying disk to HDD (hard disk drive) first and then copy to your blu ray blank disk.
                  Even if original is too much for one 25gb disk you can split that to two 25 gb disks.
                  Recommend before you use your new BD (blu ray disk) burner you do some thorough reading from various forums re copying your blu ray disks (bd). Those are a great help.
                  Here is what is usuallly suggested by people alot smarter than me...
                  Download Imgburn...again see CBR929 link for imgburn and fab working together
                  From your burner you will copy full disk at selected 50gb to your HDD.
                  Then you choose that file as source and select main movie to copy to your blank disk. If you have downloaded imgburn it will come up automatically when you go to copy form HDD to your blank disk. If your file to copy is not any larger than 23.700 gb you copy the main movie to your blank bd disk. If it is more than that you simply choose to split the main movie and can put half on one bd blank disk and the other half on another still copying at the 50gb. You will not loose any quality as long as you use a good quality disk to copy to. On my backups I have no reason for trailers, and other such on them anyway.
                  Before you copy for your blu rays suggest you read the forums on blu ray copying and also read the tutorials.
                  When you first open dvd fab on the upper right hand corner you will see a green check mark...click on that and it will show various selections on left hand side. Go to write and you will see up at top vso and in that dropdown you also have choice of imgburn. If you want to use vso like you do now for dvd backups you can change back with the drop down.
                  Hope am not making too confusing and explain well enough for you to enjoy the blu ray backup experience. Check around the forum site and get others input and also read the tutorials for copying blu ray to blu ray. It will be a big help for you.
                  Good luck and enjoy the best in dvd/bd backup software
                  Buster

Comment

Buster, thanks so much for the info. I grabbed Imgburn earlier, just to check it out, and I will take your advice about trying to do my homework on blu-ray copying before I try it. Still need to order up a burner for my PC. Lots of choices out there. So far, CBR929 has a maybe vote against Lite-on (thanks, BTW!), and you like LG. Got to poke around a bit and see what looks good.

Comment

I use a lite-on 212 burner and this drive is incapable of making a cinavia protected disk. My player is not infected with cinavia so I need not worry. My cousin just got your player last month, (3D) right, and it isn't infected either. The burner works great, had it almost a year.

Comment

Originally posted by HIDEF View Post
                        I use a lite-on 212 burner and this drive is incapable of making a cinavia protected disk. My player is not infected with cinavia so I need not worry. My cousin just got your player last month, (3D) right, and it isn't infected either. The burner works great, had it almost a year.
                        Thanks, Hidef. Are you saying that with your Lite-on 212 that you can back up Blu-Rays that will play ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Emoto View Post
                          Thanks, Hidef. Are you saying that with your Lite-on 212 that you can back up Blu-Rays that will play ok?
                          Hi Emoto
                          Yes, you can backup blu-rays that contain Cinavia protection with Lite-On drives, as long as the Player is not infected with the Cinavia or it will not play and you can not make a protected disc.
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                            Hi Emoto
                            Yes, you can backup blu-rays that contain Cinavia protection with Lite-On drives, as long as the Player is not infected with the Cinavia or it will not play and you can not make a protected disc.
                            CBR929
                            Thanks for the clarification! I have been googling to find out if my panasonic DMP-BDT210 player is infected and have foudn other people asking the same question,l but no answers. A search of the panny site for Cinavia returns no results, either.

BTW, I remember when the CBR929 came out! I was riding a GSXR1100 at the time.

Comment

Yes, they back up just fine. Just stay away from using a PS 3 as your player.

BTW You won't find what players are infected on any company web site. They won't tell you. As I said the panasonic 210 is good to go. Since cinavia was created by Sony, I would stay away from their players to be safe. And don't save a buck by using crap media. I use verbatim and taiyo yuden only.

Comment

Working...
                              X