Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Options for playing files through SONY TV or BLU-RAy

Hello all,

First time poster here. Very new to the scene but have made a couple successful backups of blu-ray 3d movies onto 50gig disks.

The reason I'm writing is I want to save some money by not having to purchase these disks at $40 for 10 of em.

I know my "55 3D TV SONY BRAVIA x820 can play .mkv .wmv I think .mp4 and .avi but I read it will only accept a FAT32 Hard drive which has file limitation sizes of 4gigs. Same goes with the Sony blu-ray 3d player.

So what options would you all suggest I go with in order to have the TV play my digital backups instead of having a physical disk? The PC I have doesn't have any HDMI or DNLA port on it if that helps.

TIA

Funny you should ask, look here...

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=15120

Comment

I think the Pivos is the way to go but will this play my backup 3d .iso's??
      I think where I'm confused is the sony blu ray 3d player plays 3d discs so is the Pivos able to stream the 3d movie intact and with full 3d the movie is supposed to have?

Comment

I'm reading it will do sbs and tnb. Does that mean we have to rip the blu-ray 3d movie to a file like mkv and select a side by side setting or would a clone to .iso still work with on the tv with side by side? I'm thinking it wouldn't because the movie wouldn't be done in sbs right??

Comment

If you have Windows 7 you have DLNA.

The TV has WiFi, so maybe it's a better idea to stream the movies directly from your PC.

Comment

Ohhh so run it through 3d software using DLNA? I have windows 7. My tv is hard wired so I guessbthat would be faster. I guess now I need a 4 tb SATA drive.

Comment

Sorry to be a bother here...

I tried setting up DLNA....last night. I have windows 7 so I'm assuming it's windows media player 12 I have. I toyed with it... on the PC end I saw the Bravia TV icon and allowed it access to the network. On the tv end it saw the name of my computer but couldn't connect.... I have more work to do. Anyone have a link to a good tutorial on DLNA and windows media player 12?

Also, When I do get this going, how do I play the .iso files in 3d? Do they need to go through the media player... or do they get played through a 3d player on the pc?

Comment

Take a look here;

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2...windows-7.aspx

Comment

Working...
                X