Play back of Blue Ray on PS-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play back of Blue Ray on PS-3

The playback of a back-up-blue ray is excellent except I always seem to get to get a voice over... hearing the directors comments thru out the movie...I use the main blue ray copy and generally use audio 3/2 making sure to remove the HD.. can someone tell me why this happens?

Also is my passkey just to run silently in the background or does it work with DVD fab simultaneously...i get feedback from windows 7- 64 bit sometimes that it it is not compatible:

You don't need Passkey with DVDFab, it is included in DVDFab. I can't speak to BR disks I don't mess with them, but on a dvd 3/2 audio is usually the director's voice over, not always, try 3/6 audio if available.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the info on the pass key I will uninstall...also the info on the audio

Comment

eagle39

I'm assuming your doing movie only here. Fab, by default is set at 23gb. You need to get your movie below this to fit on a 25gb disk. Here is what I do.

1. Leave hd audio checked. Uncheck all others. In the box that says remove HD audio, check this. It will then convert the audio to a lesser size audio to save space.

2. If your still too large you can remove the ending credits of the movie.
        Example: Movie has 1-34 chapters. Chapter 34 is blank, 33 is the ending credits so you would copy 1-32. You do this by selecting the title start/end feature.

3. Use the title start/end button to split the movie into 2 disks thus keeping your HD audio. I do this when I can't get the movie below my target of 23gb.

4. You can also compress by selecting BD25 in the box.

5. ac3 is why you are getting director's voice over. Just pick the top english HD audio and go from there.

Comment

...I will follow your instructions....thx for the good information

Comment

Your welcome. Sorry, I forgot to add this.

6. Check all english subtitles. Some backups won't turn these on when someone is speaking in a foreign language. If you have them copied you can manually turn them on through your BD player (its usually english 2 in the player). These two posts are to be used separately or in combination to keep BD quality. I've only compressed one movie and the movie looked dull, no pop (to me anyway).
            Last edited by HIDEF; 11-09-2011, 11:34 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

I would also create an ISO, mount the ISO and check that everything is okay with the picture and audio, then burn to disk.

Comment

Will examine and try....
                thx

Comment

Thx...Hidef...it worked...no more directorial comments...excellent viewing also

Comment

Working...
                  X