Clone, copy or Main Movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Clone, copy or Main Movie?

I have to admit I don't know which process is the "best practise".

Basically, I'm just backing up Blu-rays and DVDs I own onto my movie server. My objectives are safety (no scratched or damaged disks) and ease of use (no need to keep a massive pile of disks close at hand).

I'm running a 15TB Drobo behind my movie server and memory is not generally a problem.

I want the best possible quality of audio and video resident on my server so I have not been compressing files at all and always create ISOs that I load onto the DVD Virtual Drive to play using Power DVD.

Does it matter whether I use clone, copy or main movie in terms of output quality? I understand that using main movie eliminates all the "extras", but I really prefer to have these available on my server.

Thanks for any remarks.

No, no difference in quality with Clone vs. Full Disc vs. Main Movie since there's no compression.
    The only potential problems I foresee are with navigation, accessing BD menus and such, but it sounds like you're good with this.

Despite having 15 TB, BD files will chew it up.
    I have 10 TB (2TB x 5) myself and my media server is starting to fill up with main movie mode only.
    But hey, you should have it the way you want
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
    X