ASUS Media players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware ASUS Media players

Just recently started to use an ASUS media player to play my uncompressed "movie only" b/u ISO's using a WD 3 TB External HD, everything is pretty straight forward and easy to use BUT... the Blu Ray's don't seem to be as sharp as if I were playing the real disc and occasionally I'll see a blip in a couple a movies, not all. They look good but, not full Blu Ray.....is normal or is this AIOS a better player ???

I wish I could offer definitive help, but I don't know beans about the Asus.
    Still, it's hard to imagine it's the player itself at fault.

Does your player have an HDMI connection?
    All the connections (HDMI, USB, SATA) nice and snug...have you had an opportunity to swap out cables?

My only comparison is with my old Argosy.
    The AIOS is a huge improvement in many respects, but I can't say the picture quality is any different between the AIOS and the Argosy.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

It does use an HDMI and I have switched cables once with no noticeable difference ....What I trying to ask is.. does the AIOS player or your Argosy " look " like it was playing a BD disc as far as picture quality ??
      Last edited by berdman; 11-15-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I watched Captain America through my Aios and USB port external hdd via hdmi cable last night and the picture and sound was blu ray quality!

Comment

Originally posted by unclebubbies View Post
          I watched Captain America through my Aios and USB port external hdd via hdmi cable last night and the picture and sound was blu ray quality!
          Same here.
          Both my AIOS and Argosy offer excellent BD playback quality
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Comment

My Kaiboer also...
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
              X