Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Blu ray to hard drive playable

Hi all

Just a general question, when I use fabdvd to backup my blu ray discs and it puts it into its own file on my hard drive, is there a way to turn that file into something that I can play without putting it onto a disc but another hard drive or through my TV (mov,avi etc)?

Thanks all

Yes and you have a number of options, depending upon your needs and wallet.

There are a variety of software players for playback on your pc.
    Both VLC and MPC are excellent and both are freeware, however neither will play BD .ISO.

Re: playback on your tv, a media player is your best option.
    It does away with blank media and burning and is incredibly convenient.
    Once it's hooked up, you never have to leave your comfy chair...lol

I just picked up a 2nd player...an AIOS for $99.99 US at Amazon.
    It is nothing short of outstanding...price, features and performance
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi maineman

Many thanks for the reply, I'll look into those in the UK. Also, is there any software that can convert the blu ray ISO file into something else mov or avi?

Cheers

Comment

Suggest you have a read through this thread as Unc has been going through the same quandry as you.

Hope it helps....
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Any reason for the .ISO preference?
          It's not a problem for Fab regardless as Fab BD Ripper can convert BD .ISO files or BDMV to avi, mkv, etc., etc., etc.
          Do you have Fab BD Ripper?

Blu-ray Copy can also convert the .ISO back to BDMV should you need to do so.

MKV is the container of choice for most users.

Is your interest in .mov because you're playing back on a MAC or some other reason for a QuickTime format?
          I've never owned a MAC nor fooled with .mov format so I'm not much use there, but I'm sure there's conversion software available.

Might be best to tell us what hardware you have and what your preference is for playback...especially if it's MAC...
          Last edited by maineman; 11-21-2011, 09:39 PM.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Ahhh,..good morning Sir Greg, didn't see you there...

Comment

Yeah, Maineman. I'm on my "Quick Meds" this morning !!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks maineman, I couldn't think of any other files so put down the one's i could remember lol. Been a while since I worked with video files.

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                Any reason for the .ISO preference?
                It's not a problem for Fab regardless as Fab BD Ripper can convert BD .ISO files or BDMV to avi, mkv, etc., etc., etc.
                Do you have Fab BD Ripper?

Blu-ray Copy can also convert the .ISO back to BDMV should you need to do so.

MKV is the container of choice for most users.

Is your interest in .mov because you're playing back on a MAC or some other reason for a QuickTime format?
                I've never owned a MAC nor fooled with .mov format so I'm not much use there, but I'm sure there's conversion software available.

Might be best to tell us what hardware you have and what your preference is for playback...especially if it's MAC...

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy, I'll have a look and maineman has said about the ripper that I'll have a look at too.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  Suggest you have a read through this thread as Unc has been going through the same quandry as you.

Hope it helps....

Comment

Working...
                  X