Transfer to new comp and which one 2 buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Transfer to new comp and which one 2 buy

Hi all, I am on the verge of junking my 8 year old computer that is slowing committing Sepuku and I have a couple of questions that I could not find the answers to after a couple of hours of searching.

1) Can I transfer my Dvd copy / Dvd ripper lifetime license to my new computer.

2) I will finally be getting a Blu ray drive so that I can backup/transfer all of my Blu Ray movies to a hard drive so that my kids cannot break another one, but I'm confused about which package to buy.
    I already have the lifetime for the dvd copy/ripper, so which package do I need to get to be able to copy/backup/convert my blu rays?
    I don't think I need to purchase the $300.00 package, especially since I already have the dvd options. There are so many packages that I am confused.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

1) Sure, actually you can have Fab installed on 2 pcs (same license)...just don't have them running Fab simultaneously while connected to the internet.
    In this case, you would run the risk of having your license blacklisted.

Just install it and activate as usual.

If you're junking your old one, I'd delete Fab and your license.

2) You'll need Blu-ray Ripper in order to do any BD conversions (the name is a bit confusing).
    BD Ripper will also decrypt and depending...you may get by with just Ripper.

You may be happier with both Blu-ray Copy and BD Ripper however.
    If you're not doing conversions, BD Copy is all you need.

Both have 30 day trials so you can "fine-tune" your needs without reaching into your wallet.

During the trial period, keep in mind you'll have a Fab watermark imbedded in the ripped files if the files are compressed/modified in any way.

Once the retail version is activated, the watermark will no longer be imbedded.
    Any files that already have the watermark will need to be re-ripped.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks Maineman, but I am so confused with all these different packages and stuff!

Okay, so basically to save my DVD drive from being overworked, I always copy the dvd to my hard drive and then use the ripper to convert the file to an avi file.

To do this for Blu Ray, do I also need to get the Blu Ray copy and then use the Blu Ray ripper to convert? (or can i just rip it to my hard drive and then use the same ripper to convert it to an acceptable file??)

Also, since I would like to maybe convert to DVD so that my kids can watch it in their room on their dvd player (they ain't getting no stinking Blu ray player...if they want one, they can buy one!), I would have to also get the blu ray to DVD converter..sooooo..if i need to get three programs, I might as well get the Blue Ray toolkit package for $220.00.

If I don't need the blu ray copy, then I figured that it would be cheaper to just get the ripper and the dvd converter and save $60.00!

Hope I'm making sense...but ulitmately, my main goal is to rip my Blu Rays so that I can watch them on my WD media player without having to bust out my blu rays from their boxes each time my kids (or I) want to watch something.

Thanks for any advice.

Comment

BTW...am I reading it right, in the Blu Ray ripper requirements, it states that a 1 TB of free space on the hard drive is recommended..

Did I read that right? 1 tb??

Comment

Working...
        X