Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Success stories in backing up 3D discs. (To Blu Ray Media)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success stories in backing up 3D discs. (To Blu Ray Media)

Hi guys.
    I'm bangin my head against the wall (mostly because of the time it takes to compress)
    But I have not been able to sucessfully backup any of my 3D Blu Ray disks yet. (The reason I bought the BluRay Copy)

I have another thread going here where the DVDFab guys are very helpful and are suggesting a few things to try...

but it would be nice to hear from people that sucessfully backed up BluRay 3D discs to either 50GB or 25GB discs.

(Im primarily interested in 25GB, but would like to hear any kind of success stories on BR Media)

2 Coasters so far.. I possibly another one after 11pm tonight. lol

Pick up a few BDRE disc so you do not make costers! With that being said i backe up Narnia Dawn Treader just fine, but I did a 1:1 clone.
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Well, I only have 3 3D movies in my posession at this point.
      Pirates 4, Thor and Green Lantern.

2 Coasters on Pirates, but I got Thor to work last night doing the 50GB>25GB compression (into Side By Side mode)

The good news is.. it worked.
      The bad news is that with the compression... picture quality suffered.
      I was surprised, because if you have a 25GB disc, that is maybe 10GB approximately per side (left & right picture) - and even at 10GB, I would expect the picture to be decent - considering you get great looking DVDs at much less than 10GB.

So, I have a backup yes... but a backup that I would want to use if the original went bad? I dont think so.

Maybe its time to get 50GB and just do 1:1 backups.

Anyone have better luck going from 50>25GB with 3D?

Comment

Is the copy you made of the whole movie (compressed to 25g) or just the main movie (compressed)?

Comment

This is a great thread since I'm going to be doing this, this weekend I have a 50gb ready to roll for 1:1 clone but if I can get it on a 25gb it would be cheaper. then again it might not be with making coasters.
          Lancool K-56 case.
          OCZ 700watt PSU.
          MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
          AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
          ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
          16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
          OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
          WD 2TB.
          EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
          LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

I have only had success in performing Clone copies 1:1 to 50GB discs so far.

I've tried a 25GB SBS compression on Pirates4 (twice I've tried it)
            and only ended up with a single screen (not SBS) and the quality was horrible.

Going to start a thread about proper ways to do a SBS, I think.

Comment

I had success backing up Megamind to a 25GB disc using SBS (Side By Side 3D) last night.

I started by doing a full backup of the disc to the hard drive, removing HD Audio, choosing SBS 3D. (No compression - 50GB setting)

After it finished, I pointed to the HDD for the source and then wrote another full backup to 25GB size, pointing to the burner for output. (using imgburn)
              After clicking Start, I was asked what speed to burn in (I think this may be new in this latest Beta version) - but when ImgBurn kicked in, it still seemed to burn at max speed (and not 2X like I told it to)

To my surprise, it worked.
              The intro clips were messed up and menu video is a black screen, but the menu was there and options were selectable.
              Once the movie started, I was able to flip on SBS mode on my TV, and it seems to work.

Not as good as just cloning a disc to a 50GB disc. Cloning makes perfect copies.
              But as long as a 25GB disc works, and the movie plays.. its okay. I guess.

It would be nice if you could just do a full clone and just compress it and have everything work (like how the DVDs work that easily)

Comment

3d sbs movies

I was able to make successful copies of 3d sbs blu ray movies like Glee 3d, Harry Potter Part 1 & 2, Lion King 3d, Pirates of the Caribbean. I do it disk to disk using optical quantum 25gb. If the movie is less than 25gb, i unclick HD audio. If the movie is more than 25gb, i click hd audio and unclick dolby ac3/2 and unclick subpicture or language like spanish , polish etc. The only thing i have a check mark is the very first box on audio and language. Works great with few hiccups. I did have a few problems lately burning 3d movies like Priest 3d or Smurfs 3d. It copied okay but i cannot play it on my samsung blu ray player for some odd reason. I am banging my head why it would not work. I send my internal log on a new thread hoping admin could help me or a smart member of this community could help me.
                So a 3d sbs on a 25gb works fine for me. Picture quality is okay and no complaints for me. As long as the damn thing works.

Comment

Working...
                X