Suggestions on a machine build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Suggestions on a machine build

I have DVD Fab backing up the 1900+ Movies that I have on disk to HDD, I able to run 2 DVD's at one time and rip them to the computer at the same time I have even plugged in an extra drive and done 3 DVD Rips to AVI. I would like to get this done but I hate coming back to my computer every 30 to 40 mins to swap out disk, I am going to build a machine to do 6 to 8 at one time (even if it takes a few hours to do so). What would anyone suggest as a build? I am Intel user so please could I get the suggestion in Intel specs... i3, i5 or i7 and the ram I might need. 8, 12, 24+ Since this machine will only be used for a few weeks for this I would like to do this on a reasonable budget, since I am building a gaming machine and that is where my money is really going to go.. I mean I will strip down the extra drives after this job is done so having another computer around would be nice, but having 2 powerhouse PC's is not something I will need.

Thanks for the advice.

FBS

Since no one has a good suggestions, this is what I am thinking for with a system.

Intel Core i5 2500K LGA 1155 CPU
    Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 LGA 1155 Z68 Motherboard
    GeForce GT 430 1gig ddr3 video card
    16 Gigs of DDR3 1333 Ram
    SSD for the OS and for the program Load
    Gigbit NIC for direct connection to my Library Drive on my Storage PC (also and upgrade on the other computer for the diect connection and of course the proper Cat6 cable)
    and 8 DVD readers.

Cost about $800 - $850

anyone else agree? or have a better setup.

FBS

Comment

A better option would be to use DVD Copy to transfer the DVD contents (Full Disk or Main Movie) to folders on a hard drive. Three DVD's at one time will saturate most hard disks. Once you have many DVDs loaded then you can use DVD Ripper use the hard drive folders as a the source and queue all the items in one batch. DVDFab should make full use of your CPU as it converts each item in series.

This is what I and many others do. It has the side benifit of your optical drives lasting longer. See the sticky threads on best practices.

Comment

Thanks

I don't mind drivies going bad it is something I have lived with for 10 years just happy they are not $500 anymore.... I have a stock pile at any given time... now Blu-Ray I do mind they are a bit more in cost. but the main point is I would like to have one machine doing the work, I dont care about getting then done as fast as i can, I want to slap in 8 disk and walk away for a few hours. and do it again... But maybe I will try the other way first and see from there... I do want a stand alone machine for this. I don't like watching a movie while I am ripping one.. or two... or three....

FBS

Comment

Complication is certainly correct here.

The link to the thread he is talking about us in mu signature below.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X