DVD Player won't work after loading DVDFab on Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Player won't work after loading DVDFab on Laptop

Here's one for you. I downloaded, purchased, and loaded DVDFab onto my computer about 3 weeks ago. Once the downlaod was complete, my DVD drive in my laptop virtually stopped working. It will recognize some DVDs and CDs but not many. And the ones it does recognize take about a minute to load. Most of the time when I load in DVD into the drive say to rip, the drive just sits there as if nothing is loaded. Anyway - has anyone else had this issue? I'm running your standard Toshiba Satelite with Windows 7 installed...nothing fancy. Short of re formatting my hard drive, is there anything I can do?

Originally posted by javry View Post
    Here's one for you. I downloaded, purchased, and loaded DVDFab onto my computer about 3 weeks ago. Once the downlaod was complete, my DVD drive in my laptop virtually stopped working. It will recognize some DVDs and CDs but not many. And the ones it does recognize take about a minute to load. Most of the time when I load in DVD into the drive say to rip, the drive just sits there as if nothing is loaded. Anyway - has anyone else had this issue? I'm running your standard Toshiba Satelite with Windows 7 installed...nothing fancy. Short of re formatting my hard drive, is there anything I can do?
    Using the 30 day free trial would have been a good idea before making the purchase,

There have been several threads and many post concerning problems using fab with Toshiba laptops.

If there has been a post with any usefull information about a fix I have not seen it.

Comment

Here's one of the better threads to which Red Baron referred:

DVDFab dvdfab crashing computer getting BSOD

The following may or may not help.

Fab > Common Settings > DVD / Blu-ray > Read
      please tick:
      Do not eject source disc when finished copying

If you are using VSO (default burn engine bundled with Fab),
      please switch to Img.
      Enable the Do not eject function as above regardless

Here's a link with everything you'll need to set up Img:

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php?p=55&postcount=2