DVDFab - demo version watermark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab - demo version watermark

I see on a Wikipedia DVD ripper comparison chart that DVDFab adds a watermark on demo versions (I presume that's during the trial period.)

Question: is that a RECENT thing?

I do not recall that EVER being the case with DVDFab.

If it's a RECENT thing, then exactly WHEN did that happen? (date and version number, please.)

Blu-ray trial products (30-day free trial) have always had a Fab logo imbedded in the video stream, but this is only the case if the original BD was compressed or converted.
    At least this is my best recollection.
    I've owned BD Copy and BD Ripper from the beginning

Once activated, the BD retail versions have never had the logo present.

Any change re: DVD Copy has been more recent. I know it had been talked about way back when, but when and if it's happened...sorry, no idea.

Comment

Many thanks, sir.

Anyway, a watermark would appear all the way through the main feature, right?

And on ALL DVDs copied during the trial period, yes?

Sorry - been using DVDFab 6 (I think the last version of 2009) since early 2010, and a whole load of DVDs were copied during the trial period.

Am pretty sure I've watched a number of the DVDs copied during that period.

And I've never EVER seen a watermark.

Again, sorry, but when I saw that on Wikipedia, it rang the paranoia bell!!

:-D

Am sure I saw that Wikipedia chart fairly recently, and the comment about the watermark was NOT there then. So I'm thinking that it must be a RECENT thing.

Just for the record, I also have the set-up program for DVDFab 7 in my system, but have not yet installed it.

Comment

Working...
      X