Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone use blank blu ray imported from japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone use blank blu ray imported from japan?

i see alot selling on ebay and amazon for cheap, especially the 50gb ones, has anyone used these, is there a difference in these and the ones you buy in the u.s, if so what are they?

Tdk 50g bddl $4.20 usd

Originally posted by aguy1222 View Post
    i see alot selling on ebay and amazon for cheap, especially the 50gb ones, has anyone used these, is there a difference in these and the ones you buy in the u.s, if so what are they?
    I have been regularly obtaining these dual layer Blu-ray blanks from j-stop via Ebay for quite awhile. The quality is quite good and shipping has never been a problem either. It takes about 10 days for the order to arrive.

Comment

Me too, I've been buying BD-R DL 50GB's from Japan for about two years without problems.

Take a look at this deal here in the U.S;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817607055

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
        Me too, I've been buying BD-R DL 50GB's from Japan for about two years without problems.

My last purchase (last week) of a spindle of 10 TDK BD-R DL from j-stop was only $41.49 including shipping.

Comment

Thanks all for the reply, I have been very hesitant about buying some on eBay as I wouldn't know if they would work on u.s media players or my blu ray burner

Comment

Those Optical Quantum disks have *serious* compatibility problems with quite a few burners, and are absolutely 100% useless in some. For example, my LG BP06LU10 simply rejects them. If you go to Supermedia store, or to the Optical Quantum website, you can find a list of burners that the manufacturer supports. Optical Quantum specifically states that they will not honor any refund-return request for any burner not on their list.

So, buyer beware.

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post

Comment

Thanks for the info, I thinly I have that same LG model, and I was seriously considering buying those optics disc

Comment

I've used Optical Quantum in my older LG GGW-H20L and my current Pioneer BDR-206, without issue.

These are the BD-R's though, my normal BD-R DL's are Verbatim from Japan.

Just for the record I normally only use Verbatim, the BD-R's are just too expensive right now though.

As always, make sure you're using the latest firmware.

Your mileage may vary...

Comment

So what are the best and more reliable blu ray discs besides verbatim, I just bought some tdk 50gb disc, I am planning on using them for my ps3,
                  Last edited by aguy1222; 01-12-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

The only BD-R's I use are OQ's which is actually Philip's media, and Verbatim BD-R DL's.

Neither has caused any problems for me.

I've had Sony BD-R DL's from Japan which were fine, also TDK's which made nice coasters.

Comment

ive used over 200 of Optical Quantum and have had not one problem or coaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X